Pimp my lawnmower

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

buy a better mower??

the best you can do is buy a really good blade and keep it sharp... other than that, if you can weld you can prolly buy a K&N filter for a bike

Wah wah wah.

you didnt mow a lot of grass growing up did you?

bottom line, if you let it grow way out of hand you have to deal with the shit you're talking about. You should go rent a heavy duty mower then once it's cleaned up MOW YOUR GRASS OFTEN then you wont have to worry about it stalling and so on.

Mowing your grass once a week is a much better idea then dumping time/money into modding your mower so you can let your yard look like ass for longer.

Originally posted by jeffie7@Aug 5 2005, 01:37 AM
Wah wah wah.

you didnt mow a lot of grass growing up did you?

bottom line, if you let it grow way out of hand you have to deal with the shit you're talking about. You should go rent a heavy duty mower then once it's cleaned up MOW YOUR GRASS OFTEN then you wont have to worry about it stalling and so on.

Mowing your grass once a week is a much better idea then dumping time/money into modding your mower so you can let your yard look like ass for longer.
[post=536040]Quoted post[/post]​

i mowed the lawn about 2 weeks ago; it was raining last week. the grass isnt even that tall(about 3in); its just so thick and damp(at the bottom of the grass). I noticed the grass would get wet in the morning but by the afternoon its still sorta damp(90-ish degree weather).

i was thinking about buying a new mower, but the Toro is still good so i dont want to get rid of it(plus the good mowers cost like $400).

just get the bolt ons. the new aem mower intake, dc sports lawn cutter headers, get short shifter, better spark plug and wire, edelbrock intake manifold with a good carburetor. and after you've added this much power be sure to get higher horspower axles or thell snap :D

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Aug 3 2005, 05:19 PM
Lawnmowers are simple as hell; before i worked on cars i was working on lawnmowers and tillers. The CRX engine isnt a bad idea; but kinda overkill and too much work(this lawnmower has a gearbox to drive the rear-wheels, with the rpm of the CRX engine it might run away from me :lol:).
[post=535417]Quoted post[/post]​

My CRX does that too. But then it will hit a rock and stop.

-> Steve

Back