Pissedoff wanted this post.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thats it?

you won't need the extra pulley then.

sisteve put 198 to the wheels witht he 6 pound kit and fmu.

he had the exahust though.... so maybe you will need it...

I'm just making sure I can hit my goal. If I make 210-220 I'll be exstatic. I know enough from reading on here that making wild whp goals is retarded. I set it low, it's gonna be a daily driven vehicle still.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Yeah, I'll have to call them. And B, before purchasing 1200 dollar set of brakes I would have asked questions before hand anyway... cause I know what you're gonna end up saying once you see this. :)

maybe you'll post it on a mustang board first :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

haha what? I don't post tech questions on there... I mostly sit there and watch them make idiots out of themselves. There's a few other Civic owners on there, one guy who moderates on another civic board.

Hrm....most things B pointed out make sense - especially the D2's. After looking at the Omnis, and hearing the horror stories - I looked at D2's, and decided they will find themselves onto my car this summer.

Along with all this boost control, engine management and other stuff, you should really look at Aquamist for your supercharger. Provided JR doesn't offer it's own water-injection system, I think it could knock your hp levels a tad bit higher with propper tuning. Throw some denatured alcohol in there - and you're in business.

I'm also with B on the Fastbrakes setup. Get a good set of rotors and pads, and some lines - and I'm sure it's all that the braking you need. Don't forget some good Motul or Neo brake fluid too.

Most of the other stuff has been touched on, but you may also want to consider a slightly beefed-up cooling system. Just a thought.

Good luck!

Speaking of cooling systems... I've looked around for Fluidyne radiators. What are some opinions on different setups? Would a single fan or dual fan setup be better?

Also, I know the operating temp for a b16a is 180 degrees, after this is all said and done would it be wise to put a stock temp tstat back in or got a step colder, such as 170? I know VTEC needs a certain temp to operate, from my driving experience I'd say that temp is between 130-150+.

Also, what kind of plugs should I go with? I know after it's boosted I'll want a step colder than stock, any suggestions there?

Radiator- your stock one is fine. It should be the dual core one anyway.

Keep your temps in line with the stock specs.

Buy my brakes! 11 inches all around, and will fit fine under your wheels.

Stay with the lightweight flywheel. It's nice, even with boost- trust me.

3 inch exhaust is good. I was going to go with 3 inch, and that was for an all motor build.

VAFC on top of Hondata shouldn't be necessary... unless you have an idiot from California that tunes your car and you need to "put it back" to drivable specs.

Oh yeah... i forgot that you had your 11" brakes to sell. lol Definitely keeping them in mind.

about the vafc, I wasn't 100% sure I was gonna need it, but I researched into it and wrote it down. ECU tuning is definitely something I'm not skipping on.

edit: about the exhaust... is 3" diameter piping that something I'm going to have to have custom built? I haven't found any catbacks for Civics that are 3" catbacks, at least none that say they're 3" setups.

Yes, keep your stock radiator. I went and put a GSR full size radiator in my Del Sol and the thing barely gets to 1/3 up the temp guage pushing hard on the road course, its more than enough. I had to relocate the lower radiator mounts and fab a new upper one for it to work, but it works. I had the single core in there originally and had heating problems. I think whomever I bought the car from put that single core in there, it didn't have the dual core like it should. :\ So, the stock dual core should be plenty for you. Maybe get some water wetter, I use that stuff.

ill sell you an oem honda lsd.
its for b series, came off a ctr

i bought it form airjockie for when i was going to boost, its just sat in a box eversince.

380 shipped and its yours, exactly how much i paid for it

So my GSR cams came yesterday...

med_gallery_27060_160_61037.jpg

Soooooooo... I kinda wish I hadn't just had my belts changed 2000 miles ago... :cry:

Quoted post[/post]]

i bought it form airjockie for when i was going to boost, its just sat in a box eversince.

You'll need the final drive from either a GSR or an ITR to make that LSD fit in a B16 tranny.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

You'll need the final drive from either a GSR or an ITR to make that LSD fit in a B16 tranny.

Good info. What would I need for a Quaife LSD?

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Good info. What would I need for a Quaife LSD?
If you get the Quaife for your car then you don't need anything else. Or you can opt for the GSR/ITR/CTR size diff if you wish to run the JDM 4.78 Final Drive. The issue is the Diff is physically larger on the GSR/ITR/CTR as opposed to the B16/LS transmissions. I myself have an ITR sized ATS diff with JDM 4.78 ITR final drive in my B16 tranny. Its a hell of a combo, I love it (just more expensive for the fancy FD :cry: ).

I think I'll stick with a Quaife LSD, I don't feel like switching to a shorter final drive.

Ok I went through and updated the list of everything based on suggestions here and via a few people on AIM over the past couple of nights.

Updated my chipping setup. Wil found me some USB Datalogging interface and a chipping kit as well as a wideband O2.

Got rid of the Vafc/Hondata parts. I downloaded uberdata's base program onto my laptop.

Added the cheaper Walboro pump and RC 440 cc injectors.

Updated the brakes setup. 11" front, 10.9" rear, all for half the price of just the 11.75" front setup previously mentioned.

Made up my mind as to what shock/spring kit to use... is that kit listed the Tokico D specs everyone has mentioned as being the best? That kit seems cheap as hell, but a 1.4" drop is about where I wanted it anyway, no complaints on that part.

Made up my mind on the Quaife LSD, if someone can find me a cheaper link?? (I did find someone on HT selling for 835.) I also updated the clutch capacity as per B's suggestion, I went with the next streetable step up from the AI4-HDSS kit to the AI4-XTSS kit.

Are there any other suggestions anyone cares to give? I'm happy to listen.

why? crome is 938274982734 times beter then uber. lol. with crome pro and an ostrich the car will practically tune itself. or you can use a burner and just swap/burn chips with every change you make, but that g ets old fast as youll make TONS of changes.

Back