pissedoffsol my corvette eat you

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Turbobator?...Does that thing really work? Looks Scandilous? Anyone have one?

lol, I remember that commerical.

Some asshat going thru a midlife crisis put it on his 'vete, and was on the infomercial, he was like 40, and had some chick 20 years younger with him, e was saying it gave him tons of power, and he got better gas mileage. :jackoff:

Jesus Christ Bri here we go again .....The guy ordered the Procharger Last Tuesday, and it hasn't fucking shipped yet, they are waiting for some pieces for the kit....it was suppose to be in today and done by friday..Now its not gonna ship out till Wed or Thur and it proly won;t get in till mid next week...and i prolly won;t get the fucking thing back till the week after....i have no luck getting this car cranked up...rememeber when i told i ordered that 383 stroker kit last summer and they sent me a fucking ford stroker kit....i have no luck :(

Yeah but your doing it all yourself, While working fulltime and running a websitei mean, these guys should be on the ball when they are doing this crap....Why else do they charge 75-150 dollars an hour...they should be more organized then that

The problem could be the shop if they simply didn't design the setup right.

Dropping a T3 turbo, 3" runner 2.5" exhaust, and a cone COULD see you into more performance, but a full design would include the cam, valve guides, lower end work, etc.

So if the car's drivetrain isn't designed right, than yeah - That shop could at the very least "not deliver full potential"

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity@Jun 7 2004, 04:47 PM
So if the car's drivetrain isn't designed right, than yeah - That shop could at the very least "not deliver full potential"

-> Steve

wait what... Chevy must have just thrown together the Corvette drivetrain like it's an $18k Cavalier...right?

Corvette drivetrains will handle massive amounts of power from the factory. 700 hp Z06s rule. :worthy:

as an ex-Corvette owner, and current Vette lover - You'll never hear me say that GM did a bad job on the Vette. It's construction methods differ from the common Cavalier in it's QA, but it's talents on the assembly line are the same.

The Corvette is a show of just what Design can be. The car is Designed well, and built the same as the Cavalier. (With a concentration on QA that all pricey cars get)

-> Steve

Well B i just talked to the guy doing my Supercharger, My car goes in Tuesday...I just spoke with another guy with a 1994 Lt1 Auto like mine ,stock, his numbers on the dyno are 389rwhp and 374lbs of torque. with the same ATI Procharger......So i am hoping to get numbers around there, i also eventually have to get 2800 torque converter and 3.55 gears, its gonna lower my top speed with the gears but, i'm never gonna get 170mph anyway....Hopefuly it will be done by Friday and you can come give it a test drive and tell me what you think

Welp....Bri.....They got my car Dyno'd Yesterday....He'll email me the sheet Sometime later today.....

267rwhp
310lbs tq

Those are pretty good numbers considering the average Lt1 average 258rwhp..So here is what i figure on the low end estimate...figuring i get a poor tune and only get 40% of the advertised 55-60 of my hp....(.40) x 267 =106.8(lets call it 107) 107 + 267 =374 rwhp...this is at the low end worst result...the medium end would be getting 50% (.50) x 267 = 133.5(call it 133) 133 + 267 400rwhp....and my best result wich is getting the full 60% (.60) x 267 = 160.2(160) 160+267=427rwhp...

I'm figuring on getting between the 40-50 percent.......possibly 55%

What do you think?

honestly, I used to drive an old camaro with a TH350 tranny , motor pushin 350 HP, you're gonna want a 9" converter, at least a 3500rpm stall. 2800 is almost stock.

i think your 400 whp vs my 0 whp is going to own me :(

but, once my car runs, similar whp + half the weight car = B waves at you in mirror.

When do you plan on having it running, i wanna go for a ride, you gonna have some Dyno numbers?

once i fix this electircal problem, next step is to get it tuned.
in tuning, it will be on the dyno.
then, you can go for a ride.

we might have to stop and get us both a set of depends though. we may just shit ourselves :)

Back