please help!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TewSmooth18

my car is throwing a code 16 (fuel injector system unplugged or bad curcuit)...How in the world do I tell which part is wrong with the system that is throwing the code? how many parts are there to the sytem and what parts are they? please help me im stumped and cannot figure this out

oh yeah it's a 88 civic dx sedan 1.5

get a Hanes or chiltens manual for the car, then when u look up the code in the book, it gives you a flow chart to go by. that tells you what to test and waht you shuld see for numbers..

first thing to do is to check the plugs on the injectors... see if one came loose. does the car run weird?

Get a Helms manual, forget the Chiltons or Haynes.

Do check your wiring though, and definitely check the plugs on the injectors.

Originally posted by Calesta@Sep 24 2004, 08:14 PM
Get a Helms manual, forget the Chiltons or Haynes.

Do check your wiring though, and definitely check the plugs on the injectors.
[post=394447]Quoted post[/post]​

I've checked the plugs already. and yeah the car seems to run weird..like it idles really hard... but plugs have been checked and they are plugged in fine.. was going to replace the fuel injectors but dont want to spend 86.99 for each one if it's not the actual injectors that are bad..it just says the system is bad..so i dont really know which part of the system it is or what parts are considered the system

Back