pr4 or p28

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jonblair

I have the chance to buy a pr4 or a p28. The pr4 is only 75 while the p28 is 100. I have a 92 hatch dx and am about to put in a b18a1 but i dont know which ecu to use. Any suggestiions?

pr4 for stock app.

P28 if you go z6 or any kind of tuning on a car without the IABs.

pr4 for the ls motor. it can also be chipped and tuned just like a p28, with the exception of controling vtec... although that can be added as well.

Why do you need a P28? I say rock a P75. P28 is for a VTEC motor and the B18A1 does not have VTEC. Unless you are planning on a VTEC head in the future.

p28 is pointless and would be a waste unless you were going LSV.

Just get a Pr4 or P75 and be happy with it. Either are chippable/tuneable.

Damn I must be slow today.

ive heard hte p28 is more tuner friendly as in it takes mods better than the pr4/p75.

I understand why he hsould just stick with the pr4/75 since its a stock swap, but in the future the p28 would be better, no>?

technically, but not really

If he doesn't plan on going LSV at all then it's completely pointless, it would just be wasting money and after it's chipped to an LS program it's worth nothing. At least I know I wouldn't buy it.

A PR4 or the P75 are plenty tuner friendly towards boost.

I was thinking going lsv because i was told the engine was tapped for it but i dont know how to tell thats why i made that other post. so if i go vtec than just get a p28 and chip it?

Back