Problems after dash swap.. no cruise, airbag light

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yo guys,

I replaced the dash in my 98 honda civic ex and aftewards my SRS light was on, my cruise won't work, and when I push the break to shift out of park, it doesn't release. (its an automatic).

everything else seems to work... windows, locks, speedo, sunroof, mirrors, lights...

anybody have any idea why its doing this? and how i can fix it?

yeah just checked the fuse after i posted the message. I dont want to rip that plastic piece off another time, but i am 99% sure its all hooked up because i've messed around with it a couple times trying to understand it all and make sure its all hooked up.

i checked just the 1 cruise control fuse, would i need to check more?

would I have to restart the computer or something? Id fucking hate to get stuck paying some doofus 60 bucks an hour to try to figure this shit out, I really would... ahhh this is so frustrating! come on guys! HELP ME!

did you connect the cruise control button?
and for the SRS light, you need to take it to a dealer to reset the light, or do the paper clip trick, do a search for it

yes I believe its all connected :( Im going to get stuck paying out the butt to have some guy do nothing, pisses me off.

Any other idea's?

I want to say the SRS and cruise control are in the same harness, and possibly the auto whatever problem you have. I would look at resetting the SRS, and checking the wiring in the SRS harness to make sure you didn't miss a plug somewhere, especially around the fuse box. There should be a small plug going to the box for SRS. I don't really know, just some ideas for you.

Back