project: godhatesme

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
please don't lock this....

okay, so back in August, I started swapping an obd0 JDM B16A into my 98 civic 4 door. The wiring went to shit (or rather, I fucked up the wiring), so I took it to Outlaw Motorsports in Dallas (where I bought the motor) on September 17. They were supposed to pull the motor and bolt down the back mount (that I didn't put on right...more about that later), put a B16A2 99-00 Si head, dizzy, alternator, wiring harness, and ecu on, and generally fix whatever else was fucked up.

Week after week went by. My car spent most of the time sitting outside of the shop, with nothing done to it. When it finally did get in the shop, for around 2-3 weeks nothing was done. Then the owner got evicted for not paying his rent.

Great.

So I talked to the landlord, drove the three hours to dallas, and paid the landlord $500 to get my car back, along with everything else that was supposed to have been installed. What I got was an obd2 manifold (that's got a crack in it), what I thoght was an obd2 wiring harness (didn't check...should have), an obd2 dizzy, obd2b 99-00 Si ecu, and some flames which had been drawn on my hood with masking tape. didn't think to take a pic of the flames before i pulled off the tape.

Outlaw motorsports = teh fucktards.

So now i'm stuck with a car that's in the same shape (or worse) than it was when i got it. And so you have "Project: Godhatesme".

day one

spent tonight pretty much un-doing everything that's been fucked in the ass on my car. i pulled my ghetto-fied harness, obd0 intake manifold, header, unbolted the back mount and put the 2 bolts i could get in it in, and sat around and pissed and whined to Jake (Outlaw) on the phone because he gave me the wrong fucking harness. This is gonna take longer than B's swap.

pics from tonite:

s3fb59b0c1d4d8.jpg

the car in its current state....my dad told me to move it, I told him to get used to it cuz it's gonna be there for a while.

s3fb5a026e57f6.jpg

s3fb5a4029eb20.jpg

who needs a hood?

s3fb59dc1dbc19.jpg

obd2 dizzy & ecu

s3fb59f8407546.jpg

s3fb59e811fbe9.jpg

s3fb5a0cd15fa4.jpg

fuck outlaw motorsports. scraped the sticker off right after I took this pic.

s3fb5a19333464.jpg

the manifolds...obd2 on the left, obd0 on the right

s3fb5a32eb71c5.jpg

yup...Outlaw's way of fixing a cracked IM is fuckin' jb weld

s3fb5a4b611186.jpg

the back mount... it didn't line up with the stock three holes, so i flipped it around and bolted down the 2 holes that lined up...the 3rd hole is just chillin'...I think im gonna jb weld it, or maybe just cruise around on 2 bolts until I find someone to weld it. I doubt the axle-breaking torque of the B16 will break any mounting bolts anytime soon.

s3fb5a63161a93.jpg

the obd2 harness that turned out to be obd1...

s3fb5a6ab68fce.jpg

and my "hybrid" bastardized obd2/obd0 harness. read: obdFUCKED

thats about it for now...tomorrow i'm gonna try and get a 99-00 Si wiring harness, and get what i can wired up. i also gotta find an obd2 IACV, figure out a way to put the obd0 TB on the obd2 manifold and get it wired up, and figure out a way to wire up the obd2 harness (When i get it) to the obd0 alternator (any help on this is greatly appreciated.)

I still have to give fred ellis props at www.cru-guru.com I droped it off sunday or monday night and picked it up friday night

he did a VERY GOOD job I guess you get what you pay for people say his prices are high but 15 or so months later hes still around to help me with any problems

good luck with the rerefix

They screw up your car, steal your money, and then slap a huge sticker on the windshield? Rude <_<

lookin better than mine :
PB070001.jpg

;)

sounds shitty tho.

fuck stupid people that cant get their shit together :chair:

best of luck with everything man

Nice mang. Good luck.

btw...B's finger is still more commanding. :p

hey what's up dude :p . I'm glad that you took off the Outlaw Motorsports sticker. That's really fucked up what Jake did to you. I didn't know that you had to pay the $500 dollars to the landlord. All the calling and waiting for nothing. Have you talked to Jake and asked him why he kept lying to you and why nothing had changed? You should call that cocksucker and keep bitching him out untill he can't take it anymore. Tell him to bring his bitch ass here and finish what he started. Did he at least put on the obd2 si head that he was supposed to, or is it still the obd0 head? Either way you have a lot of work ahead and with time you can get it done with or without that cocksucker Jake. Glad to see the 4-door once again playa. Later ;)

I should have made a project thread, but I just fnished, it took me like a month cause of waiting for parts, i still got body work done the days I didn't have my parts. Anyway good luck mang, looks like fun <_<..yeah... I would sue them for the $500 you had to pay the landlord.

damn- they mustve blew the welds on the intake manifold by running 100 shot of naws !!!

:)

but seriously dude- this is the #1 reason why we suggest getting the same year or newer motor.

if i were you, i'd do a complete obd1 conversion.

sorry to tell ya, but this
s3fb5a32eb71c5.jpg

Isn't an OBD2 Manifold... its an OBD1... The obd2 has 3 raised lines on the plenum, and also, see how the IAT sensor is on the #1 runner? On the obd2 manifold, that is a solid plug, because the IAT is on the Intake pipe...

You can kinda see what i mean in this pic
24945169-3d0d-028001E0-.jpg

Thats my b16a2 in my 00 si...

Sorry to be the bringer of more bad news... :(

Originally posted by SolReaver@Nov 15 2003, 04:19 AM
how the hell do you crack an intake manifold

there is no stress on it

freakin noobs

:bash:

my buddy did it on his jet ski

dont know how but he did.

day two

didn't get much done today, im vehicle-less cuz my parents took both of their cars today, so i couldnt go get any of the shit i need to get the ol' B16 running. I put my new headlights on, spray-painted the shaved spots (it looks like shit, but at least it's white), painted my hood black (just for the hell of it), put my stock front bumper on, lowered my coilovers the rest of the way down, took off my Rota centercaps, and halfway wired my "new" cd player up.

I also talked to Jake from Outlaw on the phone. He's gonna mail me an obd2 manifold and an obd2 wiring harness. I'm calling him back in a lil bit to get the tracking number for it.

The way I look at it, once i get everything i need, I'll have an obd2 IM, dizzy, harness, and ecu, and I'll just plug everything in.

Should work, right?

s3fb6aa3ac8332.jpg

oh yeah, i took my tsunami sideskirts off too...my stock sideskirts are sitting in the garage, waiting to be spray-painted white. bodykits suck...i need a stock back bumper. anyone who wants to give me one, feel free to mail it to

will kitchens
141 S main
groveton, texas

s3fb6c3d0f1b45.jpg

s3fb6c48161a93.jpg

s3fb6c550aae7e.jpg

s3fb6c6aba3943.jpg

the garage...woo woo...in case you're wondering thats a 91 RX-7.

thats about all for today...not productive at all, really...blah

i love those 91 drop top rex'es. by far, my favorite 2nd gen

last year they made the convertible. 180k on the body, around 2k on the third motor.

rotary's just don't last. fast as fuck thogh.

Back