project: pissedoffsol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So the blow off valve is directly on the intercooler eh?.... is this normal or what? dont they normally go on the intake pipe alot closer to the IM itself? Im sure theres reason for doing it this way ive just never seen ti done this way before ????

s3f8e129433469.jpg

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
Payback for taking that cheap shot at me in AIM chat last night!
:lol:

Originally posted by driver1@Oct 15 2003, 10:27 PM
So the blow off valve is directly on the intercooler eh?.... is this normal or what? dont they normally go on the intake pipe alot closer to the IM itself? Im sure theres reason for doing it this way ive just never seen ti done this way before ????

The farther away the BOV is away from the TB, the better. This is because when the throttle plate opens up again there will be less lag because there will already be some boost in the charge pipes. Full-Race is the only kit that does the BOV on the IC that i know of.

Hey, B... maybe this is a dumb question, but where are you going to locate the intake pipe and filter? It looks like there isn't much room to work with where the compressor is mounted.

He has an intercooler dooooood. The pipes are gonna come out of the passenger side of the intercooler to the TB. The compressor connects straight to the intercooler.

:thumbsup: Looks like some good progress, but on a side note....

What the fuck is B wearing?

Looks like a poster child for eddie bauer.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Oct 16 2003, 12:29 AM

Pimping the vest ownz joo.
Jeff who wears his vest daily.

This is why I shouldn'tost when I am exhausted.

yup- turbo goes straight into the intercooler. its called a "back door" design.

as for the BOV placement, basically what it comes down to, is the TURBO is what you are trying to protect from backwards flow- not the charge pipe, not the intercooler. There is MUCH more pressure right there than up by the throttle body. In fact, from the factory, some vw's have the bov on the hot side before the intercooler as well.
be that as it may, the second it opens, nearly ALL pressure is released from the whole system, no matter where it is. At the turbo outlet area however, the air is hotter, as it hasn't been cooled yet, and thus moves faster.
there's a bunch more reasons... like full race is the shit, and so is pwr, and their products use it :) but we won't get into that.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Oct 16 2003, 12:29 AM

the shirt is Abercrombie
the pants are gap
the vest is gap

fuck eddie bauer. the only thing they ever made right was a ford truck.

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Oct 16 2003, 12:05 AM
Hey, B... maybe this is a dumb question, but where are you going to locate the intake pipe and filter? It looks like there isn't much room to work with where the compressor is mounted.

there is no intake pipe, there is not filter :)

i bought a 4" K&N, and right now, im considering loosing the aux lights, and running a charge pipe through the aux light whole right into the inlet :)

shit i missed out, i wanted to be the first to comment on the vest!!! lol

hurry up and get it done B!!! im anxious to see the beast run

B)

page 11 :owned:

=)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Oct 15 2003, 11:45 PM-->
Slammed89Integra
@Oct 16 2003, 12:29 AM

the shirt is Abercrombie
the pants are gap
the vest is gap

fuck eddie bauer. the only thing they ever made right was a ford truck.

:puke: on all that Abercrombie shit!! and GAP=Gay And Proud :ghey:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 16 2003, 12:01 AM
...running a charge pipe through the aux light whole...

whole = having all its proper parts or components.
hole = an opening through something.
:hmm: :ufucktard: :bash: :tisk: :thumbsdown: :beat: :bonk: :poke: :usuck: :chair: :poop:

Back