project: pissedoffsol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Calesta+May 12 2004, 03:31 AM-->
@May 12 2004, 02:22 AM
they aren't going to lathe but a few thousandths off it to make it true, so the flange will be fine, and true, after this is done.

Mill, not lathe. I would love to see a turbo manifold flange turned on a lathe. :lol:

it would be interesting, at the very least :)

[muppets] It's out of control.. Spinning and Spinning!! [/muppets]

yeah, I meant mill... early morning posting >>>> me.

Originally posted by SiR Kid@May 12 2004, 02:22 AM
and they aren't going to lathe but a few thousandths off it to make it true, so the flange will be fine, and true, after this is done.

lol... Try something more like milling 0.125" (1/8") off... it's waaaaaaay fucking warped, man.

Originally posted by SiR Kid@May 12 2004, 02:57 AM
[muppets] It's out of control.. Spinning and Spinning!! [/muppets]

yeah, I meant mill... early morning posting >>>> me.

It's cool- I just thought it was funny. Most people on this board wouldn't know the difference anyway.

:lmao:

Originally posted by ScrapinSi+May 12 2004, 11:08 AM-->
Originally posted by Calesta@May 12 2004, 02:31 AM
SiR Kid
@May 12 2004, 02:22 AM
they aren't going to lathe but a few thousandths off it to make it true, so the flange will be fine, and true, after this is done.

Mill, not lathe. I would love to see a turbo manifold flange turned on a lathe. :lol:

damn! Beat me to it! :)

And B... All you had to do was ask... I have a machine shop.

HRM, well i havent sent it yet.

i dont know... I kinda want them to see It more than anything

:-/ i kinda wanted to wait to take it off until i had the timing tensioner back on...

Why? How does the warped manifold being there or not being there affect the tensioner pulley? :) Time isn't on your side. Get this shit done, man!

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 12 2004, 01:22 PM
:-/ i kinda wanted to wait to take it off until i had the timing tensioner back on...

:blink:

s40a27e7d927d7.jpg

Multitask, man! Have the intake off and getting fixed while you're working on the tensioner! :D

Hey, go easy on 'em... it's like, the first project he's done and hasn't learned that things come up and need to be worked around. :) It's part of the game. B, you don't suck at cars, and cars don't hate you. It's just how things go. Part of this sport/ hobby/ passion is being able to overcome obstacles. How do you think I felt, being the first guy in VT with a boosted Honda, making all my own parts? You think I got much help from the guys at NAPA? lol...

If Brian is anything like me, the more things he'll find that need to be done before his car is running, the lazier he'll get. :)
Stick with it though, like Ji said, things take time. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+May 12 2004, 01:22 PM-->
:blink:

s40a27e7d927d7.jpg

Multitask, man! Have the intake off and getting fixed while you're working on the tensioner! :D

Loco Honkey

Hey, go easy on 'em...

I was just looking for an excuse to use the new picture I made. :)

You'll get it done, B, and I want audio and video clips when it is! :D

welp, T-belt tensioner is on again.. Thanks bill :)

altenator is now defuntct. stripped the tensioner... :(

but, she made one more pass around the block

throwing o2 codes :(

more shit to look at

If you're throwing O2 codes- I'd suspect that harness extension. Just grab some 14 gauge wire from a stero shop and extend the wires on the P2 sensor. You can use butt connectors. I've done this and it worked fine for three years on my Civic.

Glad to hear you got it on and going. :) Thanks Bill! How as for that tensioner... junk yard it!

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 12 2004, 09:48 PM
but, she made one more pass around the block

3 times around the block in one week.... B)

o2 extender was on the d-series and was throwing no codes when i took it off. i see no reason why it is guilty....

i dunno. i'm going to trace everything tomorrow if i have time and get the manifold off.... and she's going to park some more

Back