project: pissedoffsol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Are you just running it super rich right now just to be safe? That could also be the problem.

tuning? not yet.

o2 was known to be working when installed.

i don't know... like i said, i'll have to look at it later on tonight

B, I'd ohm out that harness. Remember how you had to zip tie it together? Again- I'd suspect the harness...

If you are measuring from one end of the harness to the next (with no sensors in between) you should see almost no resistance. I think Ji is looking for connectivety here so either you will see infinte resistance (there is a break) or (almost) no resistance.

Bingo. What he said. Check from the plug to the ECU. That should be pretty easy, considering how long that extension is. Again... I'd extend the wires on the O2 sensor and get rid of those zip tied/ electrical taped connectors.

AH HA! I may still have a chance! Mine ran last night! :) Ran great, sounded smooth... just still had a wicked exhaust leak... So my buddy took the pipe back to weld more shit onto it and i should have it back this weekend.

Got a spare 5 bolt downpipe? :)

well, more and more problems....

so im taking off the FR mani to see why im leaking/possibly sending it back to get resurfaced....

more problems :(

a pic says 1000 words.

DSC00961.JPG

looks like im not even having compression in #4 :(

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 17 2004, 09:27 PM
well, more and more problems....

so im taking off the FR mani to see why im leaking/possibly sending it back to get resurfaced....

more problems :(

a pic says 1000 words.

DSC00961.JPG

looks like im not even having compression in #4 :(

do a compression test but my best guess it that your manifold is warped, and it is only leaking towards the 1 and 2 cylinder and at cylinder 4 it is actually sealing.

see how it gets better from cylinder to cylinder. Defently warped manifold.

im confused didnt you have the manifold sent back to full race or waht?

Originally posted by asmallsol@May 17 2004, 09:42 PM
that looks like sute in the manifold. Should be good.

its oil...

we dumped some down the spark plug tubes and then hand-cranked it a few times before we started it up... cuz it was sitting for so long.

Originally posted by SpodaB1@May 17 2004, 09:47 PM
im confused didnt you have the manifold sent back to full race or waht?

im slow. im just taking it off tonight...

but i don't think its the manifold anymore :(

do a compression test, see if you have spark in that cylinder and go from there.

Back