project: pissedoffsol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

as for the fan bolting on... ya dont have to put a torque wrench or use an impact gun. Just get em' snug and you'll be alright. Sucks that you have to rig it up now. I say, drill it out and tap it and heli-coil it. It will work fine then and look a hel of a lot better. If you have any questions i am sure i can help. Just give me a shout. That goes for everyone. Trust me, i have been there and done that. Most of the time.... Not always.

the other side was bolted in. that bolt was stripped out. i figured 1 bolt and 1 jb weld job would do it.

i guess not.

well a JB weld job like that wont hold... :p

Plus you used JB Kwik... JB Qwik SUCKS... Ya gotta use the real deal shit... :)
DSC00820.jpg

Like that Dawg! :p

I've used both, and JB Weld holds ALOT better than JB Quik. Several times stronger, in fact. I used JB Weld to seal up the cracks in my transmission housing... Hasn't leaked yet. :)

Yes I used JB Weld... NOT JB Qwik... I have a buddy that ran 25psi with a JB Welded BOV flange. It does work if you use the right stuff... JB Qwik is good to keep with you so you dont get stranded on the side of the road, then when you get home, you fix it RIGHT with JB Weld. ;)

Originally posted by DarkHand@Jun 3 2004, 09:03 AM
I've used both, and JB Weld holds ALOT better than JB Quik. Several times stronger, in fact. I used JB Weld to seal up the cracks in my transmission housing... Hasn't leaked yet. :)

:lol: Me too. Used to leak like a bitch, now its completely leak free :D

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Jun 3 2004, 01:10 PM
Yes I used JB Weld... NOT JB Qwik... I have a buddy that ran 25psi with a JB Welded BOV flange. It does work if you use the right stuff... JB Qwik is good to keep with you so you dont get stranded on the side of the road, then when you get home, you fix it RIGHT with JB Weld. ;)

that the most retarded thing ive ever heard i think......why in gods name would you do that? I dont car if it works or if anyone ran a million psi that just ridiculous. I will ot use jb weld unless it is on something that i absolutely cannot not weld the right way for one reason or another. also if your building a nice turbo setup why would you want to put some ghettto engineered peice in like that for your BOV? why not just take the time or money to di it once and do it right? sheesh sometimes im amazed :blink:

Originally posted by Calesta@Jun 2 2004, 08:06 PM
Yup! Get that sucker in there... we should have a pot on "how many people can start and finish their swaps in the time it took B to get his running."

$5 buy in? :lmao:

i started, spent months swapping, finished, burned, rebuilt, and totaled my civic in the time it has taken B's poor Sol to putter around the block once or twice.

:huh:

Originally posted by civicious+Jun 3 2004, 08:59 PM-->
@Jun 2 2004, 08:06 PM
Yup! Get that sucker in there... we should have a pot on "how many people can start and finish their swaps in the time it took B to get his running."

$5 buy in? :lmao:

i started, spent months swapping, finished, burned, rebuilt, and totaled my civic in the time it has taken B's poor Sol to putter around the block once or twice.

:huh:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I blew up my engine and got a z6 in the rex before he got his running right.

B... When you get it running, get some of this.. just picked it up at a gas station in bloomfield today... :) Tonight, up goes the boost! :)
DSC00081.JPG

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 4 2004, 06:49 AM
im proud of all of you.

a swap is a walk in the park. my motor was in in 2 days as well....

Ummmm...I did more than swap the engine....

Like the complete fuel system, drive train, wire harness, suspention, tires wheels, LSD cleaning, brakes, litterally everything on the car...and now I'm building a monster engine...that will kick some NA ass.... :p .....Plus we got the swap done on the accord, and the trany swapped on the Z, and Martines trany swapped, the clutch on a 240sx, and the front suspention done on another Z, and his trany yanked twice, while his engine also got swapped.....

Sorry B......

When I had the room down here...you should have trailered it here to fix it...

But when I find a house with a huge garage.....then you can bring it there..... :D

Back