project: pissedoffsol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Niiice. Nothin wrong with a few zip ties ont he Sol, B. My fans have been held on by them for 3 years now.

yeah, well, we'll see.

im going to put the stock pump in right now.

if that works, its staying in....

and the trunk is getting this:

bob-10993_w.jpg

and this:

aei-11101_w.jpg

Aeromotive A1000 Fuel Pump -10 in and out.

im done fucking around.

welp, worked on the car some tonight... trying to diagnos the fuel pump problem

and well, survery says:

it's not a fuel pump problem. :(

Put the stock pump back in

ran for 2 min, pop.

opened up the helms... found out whats on the circuit:
-injectors
-pump
-ecu
-o2 heater

injectors were never re-wired and are saturated, so we assumed them to be ok for now.

pump, we ruled out, cuz we put th eknown working stock pump back in, and it still happened.

ecu, didn't touch... really can't. i have the 3-bar map, and 750cc injectors. if i plug in the stock p28 sans hondata, im going to A- run like ass if at all with no map plugged in, and B- the 750's, uncontrolled, are either not going to A- idel, or B- cause serious washout on the cyl walls.
skip for now.

o2. hrm. simply unplugged it. ran car for about 20. no poppage. hrm... could this be it? turned car off. plugged it back in. ran car for about 15-20 again. still no pop.

ruled out.

so, other than the ecu being bad, or the hondata socketing being wrong (which it can't be if it runs the car, right?) which was all brand new from hondata themselves- even the p28 is hondata chipped (their pre-socketed ecu and all). mind you, i have no codes and the car ran fine for over an hour before it blew the first fuse...

:unsure: :unsure:
just don't know anymore. pretty much ruled out all 4 things on the circuit. there's nothing left to test :(

if anyone has any insight, please share.

Only E has an Insight, and he won't share.

-> Steve

Ya want us to try and come up ?

By the way, This only my second post in this thread.

mike is coming over tomorrow to help out and try to get some more ideas... but after working on it tonight and then grabbing coffee.. and talking about it, we just don't know what to even look for.

Fuck B, that took me like a DAY to read. I havent been around in a couple months. Glad to see you finally got your motor put in. Sorry to hear it's fucked up.

I think it may have something to do with the hondata. I heard that even the hondata runs poorly with huge injectors. Just recently I have heard from a few sources that to run 720s or larger you should run the Motec, AEM, FAST, or another one that starts with an M that I can't remember right now.

That fucking blows B, I wish you the best of luck.... On a side note, I'm starting the B20 turbo very soon, let's see if I can get it done before you figure out your fuel problem.... :D

j/k

I agree, check with a current meter. Just remember you have to hook it up IN LINE, meaning disconnect the wire, and then hook up your current meter in series with the wire you are testing.

If you don't do that you get a bogus number. Good luck.
(if you already knew, oh well)

Yeah, sorry B, but I think that its about time you recheck all the wiring for that curcuit. You could have a short somewhere in there thats causing the fuse to pop. That would also explain why the fuse pops randomly, and not at an exact time (like 5 min after starting or whatever).

maybe everyone's overthinking this. just run a bigger fuse? :shrug2:

just my 2cents

Originally posted by spectacle@Jun 13 2004, 08:44 PM
maybe everyone's overthinking this. just run a bigger fuse? :shrug2:

just my 2cents

The reason the fuse is blowing out is becuase there's something wrong and it's sending TO MUCH CURRENT therefor putting a bigger fuse will fix the problem of blowing a fuse
however....

Lets put it this way Take a PS2 and use the wrong power adapter lets say go from a AC 9v adapter to a DC 12v adapter...

let me know how it works =)

but wouldn't using the bigger fuel pump cause more current to be flowing throught that circuit? bigger pump = more current.

logic dictates that if stock pump is using fuse A and bigger pump requires more juice then stock pump, then bigger pump will blow fuse A

just trying to help. i wanna see this running just as bad as everyone else

Back