project: pissedoffsol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by beau_safken@Oct 13 2003, 01:15 AM
Man...now I want to get a pizza after looking at the pictures again...

Damn you B for posting your pizza....:)

werd, i'm soo cravin' a pizza right 'bout now.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Oct 13 2003, 01:32 AM-->
@Oct 13 2003, 02:13 AM
First of all, that blue connector with all the yellow and black wires is for an injector resister box. Apparently the guy was running DSM injectors in his setup. Or at least that's my guess.

The wire that is near the distributor, is PROBABLY a power/ground wire to run to an external coil, if that was the cap that came on the dizzy with the car. That is why there is no coil in the distributor. Duh. ;)

Anything else you wanna take pics of so I can help out? :p

right on. fuck, why didn't i think of that. He said he had RC 660's on it... but who the fuck knows at this point. so what do you think? just leave it how it is? or cut/paste the d16 harness on?

the "dizzy wire" actually goes to the vtec pressure or something up there... i dont even know why i took a pic of that one. lol

either way, the dizzy is not right, and its not what im going to use. its 100% a d-series, and 1 of the feet has been cut, and it is only held in by 1 screw. fuck that ghetto ass shit.

Ok, the D series dizzy will work fine. Seriously. You'd be suprised how much "ghetto" Honda crap I've seen that works perfectly. As long as there is enough adjustment to make the timing right, fuck it, one bolt is a LOT more than I've had holding my dizzy on before.. all three bolts backed out, and until one fell out and started sparking under the hood on the starter power wire ON THE DYNO, we didn't even notice.

Buy a $40 Blaster coil and get a wire to hook up that coil to the distributor you have, solder the wiring for the injectors back together to remove the resister harness crap, and you should be good to go, man.

Seriously, you're closer than you think.

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Oct 13 2003, 02:47 AM
Ok, the D series dizzy will work fine.

Buy a $40 Blaster coil

solder the wiring for the injectors back together to remove the resister harness crap

Seriously, you're closer than you think.

even if it will work fine... you know how i am. do it right, or don't do it at all. $125 on a used b-series dizzy is pocket change compared to what i've spent on this fucking car so far....

as for running the external coil.. i don't know... it just seems like a waste to me.

bill is scoping out an obd2 harness at work for me tomorrow.... so we're probably going to swap the plugs.
but that that still doesn't solve the problem of the rc's not fitting in the GE rail, or the GE rail not having the feed AN fitting...

removing the resistor harness crap... what do you think? just cut all 8 wires, and plug into the d-series harness which has the 8 on it already, or re-pin the gsr's harness to accept the 4 wires that are on the blue part?

closer than i think? the only thing that has gone right so far, is ripping out the d-block. lol

You bought a used engine, MOSTLY history unknown, so I guess you're open to cutting corners where you can, is all I'm saying.

Use the distributor that came with it. Buy a coil. I needed an external coil on my car to get it to stop missing over 7500 rpm when it was at 12 psi. It's either do it now, or do it later.

As far as the wiring for the injectors, look up an injector resister wiring diagram on Honda-Tech, and then look at what you've got. I THINK all you're going to have to do is unplug one thing on the passenger side shock tower, and put the plug off your D harness back in that spot. Seriously, take a look at your stock harness, there's a plug in a big socket where something is plugged into this one. ;)

i'll talk to bill about it and see what he thinks we should do.

As for the resistor... this harness is on the driver's side... not the passenger...

I'm back and wondering what is more amazing... B having a girl.... or B working on his swap....

:lol:

with his luck he'll have his girl pushing the sol while the engine is sits in the passenger seat as he makes blow off valve sounds.

Originally posted by Silverchild79@Oct 13 2003, 12:53 PM
with his luck he'll have his girl pushing the sol while the engine is sits in the passenger seat as he makes blow off valve sounds.

rotflmao....new sig for me!

Originally posted by civicious+Oct 13 2003, 01:20 PM-->
Silverchild79
@Oct 13 2003, 12:53 PM

rotflmao....new sig for me!

Ass! That was gonna be mine!!!
Keep up the bird-shooting and pizza eating guys! That swap'll be done in no time at all!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Day 5

Since bill had plans to go out with his girl, and i didn't get up as early as i usually do, I figured id take on a small project and work on the inside of the car a little bit. Well, what was going to be a nice easy day of fucking around with the electronics inside, and attempting to just stay clean for the most part and still get some stuff done turned into yet another unproductive, and frustrating day.

I was planning to mount my gauge pillar with my 3 gauges, and run the necessary wires to the ecu areas, the fuse box areas, and into the bay where needed. I was also going to mount my vafc, avcr, and my hondata/p28 stuff.

What i got done:

yup, that's it. not a god damn thing. 3.5 hours in the garage alone, and not 1 god damn thing done. Well, wait, i take that back. I put the skunk2 knob on the skunk2 shifter. That was all.

The gauge pillar i bought to replace the oem a-pillar is great.... EXCEPT for the fact that the fucker who sold it to me and when i asked if it was for 52mm or 60mm gauges, and he said "the big ones". well, fucktard #5 so far of this project, and its designed for 52mm gauges. so, now i have no method to mount these fucking things.

I'm looking at optauto, and they sell the single mounting port things for 60mm greddy gauges (which is what i have for EGT and Oil press.) and my apexi el boost already has one.

http://www.optauto.com/webstore/product_in...k=yes&dept=2703
GPP-MH60.GIF

I figure i can stack them in these holder things somewhere on the dash, kinda in the middle of the car... I don't know. there's just no fucking room.

3 60mm gauges
acvr
vafc
auto timer

i gotta think of something before i go hacking my dash board apart.

but with the skunk2 knob on, the shit feel is fucking awesome. granted, there's no fluid in the tranny or anything.... but it feels smooth and shifts very positively for a car being up on jackstands :)

The hondata is a mess.... christ.....

I plugged the Zif for the rom in the wrong way. i should really read the directions first next time. so, when i removed it, i bent a couple pins... doh. no biggie, i straightened them all out without breaking any, and plugged it in the right way.

I went to remove the oem p28, and put the hondata p28 in... but christ... the car is up on jacksatnds, and the passenger side door will only open about an inch before it hits the pole in the center of the garage. christ. ripping out the carpet and trim panel is a bitch with the door practically closed.

i dunno.. today just fucking sucks right now.

cars suck
i hate people who don't know wtf they are selling.
i hate the fact that.. no, im not even going to get started on that one....

i hate the fuck my bitch fucked me tonight... oh. that was offtopic, but still on your i hate list!

Yeah, B I was THINKING driver side, but it came out passenger side, I guess. It's right by the master cylinder for your clutch, on the strut tower. :bash:

ehh get a dremel tool with the sanding drum and sand out the hole until it gets big enough to fit your gauges in, it will save you a lot of space

one problem solved :)

i thought of it... and i kida drew a pencil mark around one... not happeneing. there's not enough material to do that.

sux about the gauge pillar being the wrong size. hey you can sell it or something. I kno option auto salon does have pod mounts to put them on the dash or even to bolt it to your stock A-pillar. With that wiring problem, you have my prayers. I hate that shit. It's been a bitch for me trying 2 install my 1st gen RSM. O yea tha GE fuel rail requires boring out to fit the larger injectors (I saw it on some site a while back). If you not doin much to the car, y not clean up suspension pieces, get the gunk off them from daily rollin.

Day 6

Well, Today was kinda slow paced too... talked a lot about girls and stuff :D

ran into some more problems.... but hey, im getting used to it now.

got the manifold bolted down. got the wastegate on. got the turbo on.

wastegate was a bitch. the bolts kinda flared out to the sides, so we had to squeez them together with some big channel locks to get the wastegate on. then, the top was hitting the hood latch, so we cut a chunk out of that.

power steering cooler lines are in the way for the charge from the turbo straight into the intercooler. So we removed the bolts on the lines.

test fit the intercooler, its WAY bigger than i thought it was going to be. bye bye bumper suport. we drw some cut lines, and made one cut, but it was just too fucking loud. being 1030, we decided to wait till tomorrow and make the cuts first so that way cops don't show up at the house.

i'll write more later like i always do at work... but here's the pics to hold you guys over.

Thanks again to wildbill and my buddy mike for the help. I couldn't do it without the help.

DSC00328.JPG

DSC00329.JPG

DSC00330.JPG

DSC00331.JPG

DSC00332.JPG

DSC00333.JPG

DSC00334.JPG

DSC00335.JPG

DSC00336.JPG

DSC00337.JPG

DSC00338.JPG

DSC00339.JPG