project: pissedoffsol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

welp, she died today :(

got stranded... car was going up a hill in 3rd gear behind a box truck at about 35-40 mph... all of a sudden, shes dead, CEL on, 0 rpm, water temp gauge to C. Fuck. luckily, no one was behind me, and i just pulled off the road. luckily i wasn't too far from home (right in front of sessions woods on rte 69) called my mechanic (bill :D ) and he came and rescued me.
before he got there, i dignossed the problem... no fuel.... fuel pump = dead. was looking at the wiring, and turn the key, no noise. hrm... looked for a fuse... can't find one that says fuel pump. looked at the relays, can't find one that says fuel pump. fuck.
bill arrives... within a min bill finds the ECU fuse is popped. hrm.
luckily i had a spare in there, replaced, started right up.

drove it home, and here i am.

so, wtf mate?

does the walbro 255lph hp pump require more amp/voltage than that stock wiring system can provide?

Jesus, Brian... When I read Welp, she died today I figured the engine popped like mortar. Oh well, hopefully you can get the fuel system all up and running. :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 28 2004, 01:57 PM
does the walbro 255lph hp pump require more amp/voltage than that stock wiring system can provide?

It may...

just to be safe, you might wanna wire a seperate relay in line fight before the pump....

just my .02

He broke! (or at least tied the record) Fuck the triple post, he went for broke on that one.

well when i posted the 1st one it said flood control and i was like wtf so i coypied and pasted cuz it wasn't there and i did it two more times and nothing was there and i left for ht e day after that

the plot thickens.

was out in teh car again tonight... bought a 5-pak of 15-amp fuses.. trying to replicate the problem.
sure enough, about an hour into my drive, it died- just like last time.... going up a hill in 3rd gear. boosting a whopping 5in/hg - or, still in vacuum for those non- boost heads here.
preparred, i popped in a new fuse... worked last time.
click.
nope. popped again.
another.
click.

ut oh.

3 more...
nope.

1800trippleA.

830 i broke down. 1130 i get home... a whopping 2.2 miles from my house.

on further investigation- my radiator fan fell off... and melted onto my downpipe.
more problems.

i hate cars.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 29 2004, 11:34 PM

1800trippleA.

830 i broke down. 1130 i get home... a whopping 2.2 miles from my house.

You forgot the part about getting owned by a Chevy, wish I had a camera. :lol: :lol: You got home at 1130, wtf happened the tow got there at around 10.

truck got there at like 1030 dude...

then it took 30 min to figure out how to hook the damn car up... then, drive to my house, and unload it.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 30 2004, 12:22 AM
then it took 30 min to figure out how to hook the damn car up

what, did he just show up with a chain or something.

When distributor bearing went out on ef9civicgen4 and us which left us stranded it only took the tow guy like 5 minutes, to hook and load. Of course he had a roll back tow truck. But it took him like 3 hours to get to us.

i was a short distance from home, and in jeef's neighborhood.. so i called him up. jeef has a pickup. i figured, bah jsut tow it home with his truck.
lol

mistake #1. we got about a mile before i was out of e-brake, and had snapped the tow rope once. lol

the problem with the tow truck guy... is that when i put the FR traction bars on, which utilitze the stock tow-hook mounting points, i never put the hooks back on... so there was nothing for him to hook up to with his chains.

Don't forget about an Intercooler when my clutch went out I had to get towed and in order to hook the car up I removed the whole front bumper cover as with some other goodies so it could be hooked up

Back