project: pissedoffsol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B what do you have the fuel pump wired up to. in other words where are you get the power from.

Originally posted by spectacle@Jun 13 2004, 09:21 PM
but wouldn't using the bigger fuel pump cause more current to be flowing throught that circuit? bigger pump = more current.

logic dictates that if stock pump is using fuse A and bigger pump requires more juice then stock pump, then bigger pump will blow fuse A

just trying to help. i wanna see this running just as bad as everyone else

the stock pump blows fuses also.

Originally posted by civic15.8@Jun 13 2004, 10:23 PM
B what do you have the fuel pump wired up to. in other words where are you get the power from.

stock pump is back in on stock wiring.
still popping fuses.

please read my posts before replying with advice...

dude, you've gotta have a short in the wire or somethin...pull out the interior an shit and trace everything down.

Originally posted by civicious@Jun 13 2004, 09:44 PM
dude, you've gotta have a short in the wire or somethin...pull out the interior an shit and trace everything down.

yea, you dont want to blow your shit up.

:D I got dibs on the C/F dual Super-Duper Windsheild Wipers :p

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 13 2004, 09:04 PM
putting a bigger fuse in is like putting a bandaid on a broken leg

Hey man, that hits a little close to home!! J/K

Dont part it out, Figure it out.

*Rob Schneider* You can do it!!! *Rob Schneider*

The only thing a bigger fuse is going to do is to extend the length of time that it blow's....it is there to protect the components in the curcuit...

But I have had a problem with the jeep, and blowing fuses all the time.....so I got smart...and hard wired the fuse....and sat back and watched everything for smoke......and it worked...the shorted out rear wiper motor was fried, and the smoke led me right to it....but also the surrounding wires around that wire melted from the heat from the electricity overload...so I had to repair some wires on the tailgate....and if I didn't do that trick...the Jeep would have been junk from second day I bought it....but it's fixed and still on the road.....I do not suggest this trick if you have hold any value for the car.....hehe :ph34r:

LOL! Funny you mention that clayton... I've done that before on VW's... Follow your nose... :)

And if you REALLY ARE parting it out B... Lemme know... I may want a few parts... :) But i doubt you will...

And like i have said before... If you need my help, lemme know.

if i can't figure it out, it does me no good to just sit there....
so yeah, another week or so of trying things, and then, its getting shelled.

why dont you put in an inline fuse on every wire on that circuit and see which one blows.

Originally posted by slick*vic*@Jun 14 2004, 08:59 AM
why dont you put in an inline fuse on every wire on that circuit and see which one blows.

this doesnt sound like such a bad idea.....cause B as you said in your posts some of the ruling out you have done so far has been somewhat assumed so i think this would be a more surefire way of going about it

not a bad idea.

the only problem i can see from this is that, cutting/pasting more wires = more places errors can occur.

I'm going to have bill coming over sometime this week and see if he can find anything... if not, i guess i'll try that.

if that still doesn't work... im parting her out, or selling it as is to someone who wants a possible cheap easy fix.

dont give up that easy. Try the inline fuses if it works just leave the ones that didnt blow intact. Worst case scenerio overylay all wires on that circuit... you have come way to far to give up now. But there are a few parts I might want from ya.....lol

ah b wont part it out...But if you do, I want your ashtray thingy...

If bill doesn't find anything, consider taking it up to the honda dealership and let there head electrical tech take a look at it.

Back