PS3 slim plus price cut.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

For what it's worth, coming from having both, and just getting rid of my PS3, even multi-platform titles Id probably get on the 360. 9 times out of 10 they'll have exclusive DLC, plus if you do intend to play online, XBL>>>>>>>>>>PSN.

I actually don't play online a whole lot, so having a PS3 will probably be nice for me. I do enjoy playing online, but I really like stuff like Metal Gear too, stuff where I can just sit down and play for a few hours by myself...

UPDATE!!

I bought one, and I'm loving it so far. Everyone seems to prefer 360, and honestly, I'm not sure why (aside from Live being the larger and arguably superior online experience and certain multi-plats supposedly performing better on the 360). The PS3 just seems like a much more polished, capable piece of machinery. It's small, and very classy looking, both in the actual look of the console itself, and in the user interfaces.

My 360 looks like some old video game relic setting on the shelf next to the PS3, even more so when I turn it on and it huffs and puffs like it's going to explode whenever it loads up a game. It's amazing how the PS3 manages to simultaneously be less noisy and yet generates less heat despite the internal power supply.

I really like the PS3's controller too. It comes with a detachable USB cord, and you just plug it in and press the Playstation button to sync it. Then unplug it and you're good to go. When it needs recharged, plug it back in for a while. No messing with battery changes or charging the battery packs.

It also upconverts DVDs, which the 360 does NOT. As I have a shitload of DVDs, this is a nice feature. The fact that it plays BluRays as well pretty much seals the deal for me. And yes, I realize that you can download HD movies onto the 360 via Netflix, but honestly, if I like a movie enough to purchase a copy to watch at home, then I'm most likely going to want a physical copy on disc with a nice illustrated case that can sit on my shelf. If I only care about it enough to rent it, then I'll get it from RedBox for a dollar.

So I'm pretty much sold on the PS3. But that's just my 2 cents. Take it for what it's worth...

Just to toss some info onto that post, the 360s with the HDMI port actually do hardware upconvert DVDs if the console is connected by HDMI.

Just to toss some info onto that post, the 360s with the HDMI port actually do hardware upconvert DVDs if the console is connected by HDMI.

The older ones did too if you had it hooked up via rgb cable. Honestly, I don't miss my PS3 at all. But, bluray aside, I am jealous that you can use the Logitech wheels and the 360 doesn't.

Good point. My 360 does not have the HDMI port, so it's running on component cables. Games look great on it. DVDs, not so much...

The older ones did too if you had it hooked up via rgb cable. Honestly, I don't miss my PS3 at all. But, bluray aside, I am jealous that you can use the Logitech wheels and the 360 doesn't.

Really? Like I said, I'm using component cables on my 360 and it doesn't seem like it's up-converting anything. I noticed a huge difference watching the same movie on the PS3 using the HDMI cable then I did on the 360 with component cables.

Do the newer ones up-convert over component?

Negative, when they added the HDMI they routed the upconverting system though that. At least that's what MS said when I looked it up.

Sorry I was half asleep when I wrote that last night. When I said it upconverts over rgb, I meant to say over vga.

Back