Q's for a 94 DelSol that I found

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

78civic

Hey, haven't been here in a long while but just happened to be at a yard that doesn't really have that many imports and i see a white del all the way in the back. He doesn't want all that much for it but says it was a tow-away that the P/O never came back for.

I can get bonded titles here, so that isn't that much of a worry.
BUT its' got the D15B2 w/5spd in it and thought that they were Z6's until the later V-tec ones..?
It's really low mileage and don't know really how long its' been sitting.
The rad is in side behind the seat, but the rest looks like 'stock' virgin. OIL looks good. NO water in it.

Dang-it.. I really can't remember if it was the multi-port injection or dual port. SO, what came stock?
Can/does all the usual performance parts swap from the civics?
Which year Del's were better equipped?

I glanced over and noticed a badly smashed civ a couple down that has the whole D16z6, but I wouldn't be able to get both the Delsol AND the z6 drive train:(

SO, what should I look for besides the usual stuff? What about roof leaks/latching?
Gas tank issues or bad pumps?

Thanks for the help.

E

S model had the d15 in it and rear drums
Si had the z6 and full discs + better suspension (barely)
vtec had the b16a3 in it and larger front full discs + sway bar + dual core radiator

they are all mpfi.
they are 99% identical to a civic in the engine bay. shift linkage is the only item from a swap that won't convert (need the del sol vtec shift linkage, not teg for a b-series)
93s had 1 air bag
94s+ had both
96-98 lost the aux lights

otherwise, it was basically just some color option changes.

roof seals tend to go bad if not lubed properly. if its been sitting, you might have issues. check the rear top corner. that's the trouble spot.

WOW, Direct and to the point.. That's some of the best news I've had all week!
Can't thank enough. Hope to get it this next week.

So can I do the teg 40/40, front suspension stuff like i did to my 90 civ 4dr? How bout the rear.. Does the teg stuff swap also?

Probably..
Thanks again B

E

DA stuff won't work on the EG platform. You need to score from the DC chassis.

94+ teg stuff will swap, but you will also need the rear trailing arms, ebrake cables

suspension might be a waste of time, as the del sol already sits so high up, and the teg stuff will only make it higher.

OK, I had stripped a 95 ABS GSR a while back and thought of using the suspension on my 89HF.
If I get this Delsol, i would be able to swap all that stuff to it??

Thanks again. E

Back