Q's on a full ls turbo build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SvGfrankie

I was wonding what i should go with when i build my ls turbo.

i have a full t3/t4 turbo set up but what parts should i go with inside the motor
im looking for a full build and was looking at getting people views on pars and shit but im not doing an ls v just because i dont want to my friends have a ls v turbo and i want to show them up on a ls non v so if you guys can point me in the right direction on what parts and head i should use i hear you can use a stock ls head and get plenty of power correct me if im worng but tell me about your guys fully built turbo ls !!!

im looking to stat this process this week !!

If you don't know what parts you need, you won't be starting this week. Matts96hb prally has the best info for Turbo non V's.

Its still pretty basic info that's all over the web tho.

i know what parts i need im just getting other peoples views to see if i could build it bigger and badder and i am going to start this week by buying what i need i have a list of parts i just dont want to buy them with out seeing if i can squeez a little bit more power by changing minor parts and it will be a ww dont want to daily this thing

You can make the same power with an LS as a LS-V, but it takes much more work on the LS to even match the internally stock LS-V (I'm talking mainly about the cylinder head here.)

You'll need cams, valve springs, retainers, extensive port work, an aftermarket intake manifold and TB to get there. In my experience, it isn't worth the trouble. My car made 450 at the tire before I decided to go LS-V. Still makes about the same amount of power, but is far easier to work on. The stiffness of the valve springs makes it a real PITA to get the tension on the belt right, and the springs tend to stretch belts much easier.

Another option is to source a p8r cylinder head. This head has the same diameter valves as the VTEC heads, but is still non-VTEC. You could then sleeve your bottom end, bore it out to match the cylinder head, and pick a mild set of cams to complete the build. It'd be rock solid. That was the route I was planning on going, but LS-V turned out to be much easier considering I already had most of the parts.

Back