Questions about turbo.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

just to clear up some misconceptions in this thread:
1) you do NOT need a dyno to tune with CROME. a tuner can get your idle right, and make a decent map for your car on the street. just be responsible with where you do it, and know the risks youre taking.

2) piggybacks suck because they just dont do as thorough of a job as CROME, uberdata, etc. the stock ECU will only go so far. you need to physically alter the map inside the ECU to get things right. Timing, etc cannot be adjusted by a piggyback. how are you going to make power without that capability?
i have played with an SAFC in a friends mirage before. not the route i would go when free programs like CROME are available. and dont buy hondata either. just use crome. its free, and it does the job just fine.
3) yes youll need a fuel pump.. here you go:
WALBRO 255LPH FUEL PUMP Honda Civic DelSol S2000 S2K Si : eBay Motors (item 330418657909 end time Apr-28-10 00:56:52 PDT)

$100shipped.

just to clear up some misconceptions in this thread:
1) you do NOT need a dyno to tune with CROME. a tuner can get your idle right, and make a decent map for your car on the street. just be responsible with where you do it, and know the risks youre taking.

2) piggybacks suck because they just dont do as thorough of a job as CROME, uberdata, etc. the stock ECU will only go so far. you need to physically alter the map inside the ECU to get things right. Timing, etc cannot be adjusted by a piggyback. how are you going to make power without that capability?
i have played with an SAFC in a friends mirage before. not the route i would go when free programs like CROME are available. and dont buy hondata either. just use crome. its free, and it does the job just fine.
3) yes youll need a fuel pump.. here you go:
WALBRO 255LPH FUEL PUMP Honda Civic DelSol S2000 S2K Si : eBay Motors (item 330418657909 end time Apr-28-10 00:56:52 PDT)

$100shipped.

there has been no misconseption.. ( if I spelled it rite) I don't recommend safc 4 the same reasons you said.. And I recommend a dyno tune over a street tune as you stated and Crome.. Because you can't adjust timing the way you can on a actual dyno..

well im getting a p28 with crome installed and comes with a burnable chip. The guys says he knows someone that owns a shop with a dyno and does it for cheap.

there has been no misconseption.. ( if I spelled it rite) I don't recommend safc 4 the same reasons you said.. And I recommend a dyno tune over a street tune as you stated and Crome.. Because you can't adjust timing the way you can on a actual dyno..

wasnt directed towards anyone in particular, but thanks.

i got a 05 honda civic 5 speed non v tech jus wondering wut can i do to give it some ass without doin a b18 swap because i kno thatthere a pain in the ass to do on the new of a civic

im not sure why people tripping on the safc if it is properly tuned it will work fine.. we all use them here and never had a problem with them.. yes its a piggy back but so are all the other ones people use.. we ran a safcII on our 240 and it ran perfect and we ran the dammit out of it .. now we have a complete engine management system for it (1000 bucks) now its really kicking...

I know that this is about a month old, but I just wanted to say that no, the other options that people are talking about in this thread (Crome, Neptune, etc.) are NOT "piggybacks". An AFC just taps into your existing ECU chip and sends signals that fool the sensors. With these other options you're actually upgrading to a programmable ECU chip that will allow you to actually tweak settings as opposed to just fooling your ECU.

It's not the same thing, and it's not as effective. I personally would not tune for turbo on a piggy-back device with all the other options that are now available...

i got a 05 honda civic 5 speed non v tech jus wondering wut can i do to give it some ass without doin a b18 swap because i kno thatthere a pain in the ass to do on the new of a civic

Buddy, you need to stop jacking all these old threads. Your question is unrelated to the content here, so please start a new thread for yourself...

Back