1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions on DVD Burning

Discussion in 'Computers, Games, Electronics etc' started by Drake, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Drake

Drake Well-Known Member VIP

Well I finally found a movie worth burning to a DVD. I am curious to how I would go about converting the AVI file to DVD. I found a program called TMPGEnc and I am currently running that. Ive only got 33 hours left on the conversion :( I am starting to think that I am doing this all wrong. I have attatched the specs for the file below:

File : 541 MB (541 MB), duration: 2:01:45, type: AVI, 1 audio stream(s), quality: 44 %

Video : 430 MB, 494 Kbps, 29.970 fps, 480*360 (4:3), DIV3 = DivX v3 ;-) MPEG-4 (Low-Motion), Supported

Audio : 111 MB, 127 Kbps, 44100 Hz, 2 channels, 0x55 = MPEG Layer-3, Supported

The program I used to get the information was AVIcodec. What software does everyone else use to convert AVI's to DVD's?

If I left out any information that would be helpfull let me know and I will try and get it. Thanks for the help in advance.

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/avi2dvdr.htm

Have a look there, and don't expect ti to be a good copy when you're done. AVI is compressed, so uncompressing it without the program you play it on to filter and information lose is going to yeild a substandard quality DVD.

3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

4. Drake

Drake Well-Known Member VIP

Alright then, looks like im doin it right. That is the article that I used B. Thanks for the help guys. That doom9 site has some good info.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted