re-doing the f*ck#r

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

honda801

Last year i bought a gsr motor swap. put it in in about 1 day(you know how excited you get) well on startup i spun a bearings and threw a rod through the side of the block. Let that be a lesson to you, about buying someone elses sh*t. I though i would post me building a new settup on here not only for me to learn but for noobs to do the same.so please E1 feel free to give there 2 cents, but please people lets not get off the subject. Now im not sure if i wired everything right, is this something that could of caused the problem? i have a ex 00 wich originally has the vtec already wired. so i used the stock harness with a p72 and by the way this is what it looks like for a rod through the block in case you've never seen one.

Last edited:
the new block is b18b definately going lsv
darton M.I.D sleeves bored to 84mm
je 84 mm 9-1 pistons
crank worked to the n*ts
eagle h-beams thats just the short stuff

does any body know much about the girdle on the gsr. ive got all these gsr parts from the old one will it fit the ls block? are the crank journals the same size?

Journals are the same, but you have to swap out the main caps to fit the GSR girdle.... plus take care of all the machining required to do that too.

Punctuate and capitalize please.

I have all of the mains from my gsr block. What machining is required, the look the same to me exept the longer bolts.

And I think i figured out what the wiring problem is, tell me what you think they sent me a p72 for an 99 gsr, I have a 00 ex doesnt that mean that i need a p2t> from a si.

Yeah but if I already have everything then why would I buy it. I just was wondering what machining needs to be done it all looks like it bolts up to me.

the machining is for ls blocks. you stole the mains off of a GSR, so you dont need to machine the dowels in there. before you go assuming it's all going to work fine, i'd have the mains all align honed to make sure there's no lips protruding into the bearing zone. quick way to spin a bearing (swapping mains off of another motor often has ones not perfectly center.) before you have them honed, have the surface that bolts to the block shaved down a tiny bit so that you can align hone them back to the factory size. if you dont shave them down first, you'll have to enlarge them beyond factory spec. any good machine shop will be able to explain and perform this process for you.

Sounds like a plan to me, I planned on doing a straight hone anyways but didn't think to have them shave the tops, great response. Just the kind of info im looking for, thanks.

Is there any other magic I can do to the block at the mach. shop, like pnp oil orphises or anything why its there?

Back