reason # 324802948 cali sucks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
http://www.newsreview.com/issues/sacto/2004-11-25/cover.asp

a LONG write up on redlight cameras.

“The thing that pisses me off is that they say it’s all about traffic safety,†Pacuinas snorted. “It isn’t. It’s about money. That’s why our fines are so high. Fines on the East Coast are $50. Does that mean we care more about traffic safety than New York City? Or do we just care more about taking people’s money away from them?â€

Redlight camera fines in Cali at the time of this write up was $351!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

holy shit!

in maryland I believe it's $85 and no points. but I wouldnt know since I've always locked up my breaks to keep from going thur them almost causing a few crashes but you know what who gives a fuck. I'm not getting a ticket.

the red light cams are ALL about money... they have absolutly nothing to do with safety
most studies have shown that the length of the yellow light has been significantly shortened at intersections with the cameras..... gee now why would they do that.... if anything giving less time for the intersection to clear will cause MORE accidents.... more red light violators = more money.... and yes, more accidents = more tickets = more money

they dont give a fuck about your safety, just your money

I've never gotten a ticket for running a red light, my friend was issued a fine for speeding through a greenlight in long island. It didn't give any points but I believe it was about $192 for doing 81 in a 55 through a green light.

I didn't even read the article but it's bullshit, why must the authorities monitor us? There are the selected few that need to be watched but normal people shouldn't have to deal with it.

I go through orange/red lights all day. NYC traffic sucks, their light set up is even worse...go through one to stop at another constantly (depending on the time). I think the people at a green light are just as much at fault as the person running an orange/red light, simply because they werent cautious enough to look before mashing the gas pedal, in an accident.

i ran a redlight once and got pulled over, I told the cop I had to go to the bathroom real bad. it was like 11 at night(at that time around here its dead) and I looked to make sure nothing was comming. He let me go with a warning....
red light cams suck, its kinda like driving through EZ-pass when you dont have it, you'll get a ticket. I wonder if they can take pictures of you if you are racing from a red light when it turns green...

There's a busy intersection near me that the cops keep an eagle eye on for red light violations. I try to avoid that square or just drive very conservatively through it. I think with Watertown, there are two schools in the area for the blind, so they just get really picky about keeping the drivers behaving properly for the pedestrians.

In NYC, it's not worth running a red light and getting stuck in the intersection, the fines are high for that violation. In that city, it's all about keeping the traffic flowing smoothly and avoiding gridlock situations.

we have them up here i don't mind them at all. i love the multinova speeding tickets (no pionts and a small fine)

east coast $50 fines?? ROFL LMAO!!!!

MINIMUM ticket (for a moving violation) in CT is $78.

my 79 in a 65 ticket cost me $369

DAMN, that's a lot of money

110 in a 35 only netted me a 140 dollar ticket

because i was in a state park :p

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 16 2004, 09:00 AM

[post=433058]Quoted post[/post]​

my thoughts exactly. dont know much about maryland, but in new jersey shit gets expensive. the cheapest ticket is $46. thats for no seatbelt. my favorite is $183 for failure to present license. it use to be $44. i got the ticket the week after it changed. and now if you plea anything down for less points you get a $250 surcharge. oh and if you go through e-z pass without it, flip it off. at least you will have something to laugh at when you get the picture of you car and the ticket.

In Montgomery county Maryland, 10% of the money generated by red-light cameras goes to the government. The rest goes to the company that put up the cameras. The only reason i know this is because my brother is a intern at the mongomery county police training acadamy.

no red-light camera's here, and the tickets are cheap as hello. i got a ticket awhile back for doing 82 in a 55 and all i got was a $84 ticket. the court fee was $55 and the police training fee was $5 so the fine for the violation was actually only $24. its nice to live where the cost of living is so low. everything is so friggin cheap. but then again we get paid peanuts here (even in the military).

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 16 2004, 09:00 AM

[post=433058]Quoted post[/post]​

bah in NJ its an automatic $200 surcharge + the reg fine. props to that ass floggin McGreevy

Originally posted by adidas_man@Dec 16 2004, 09:39 PM
but then again we get paid peanuts here (even in the military).
[post=433436]Quoted post[/post]​

That would be anywhere =-). however having a free place to stay as with food does help out on the low to no pay.

B they were taking about Camera tickets. In maryland its 75-85 bucks or some shit. however if a cop sees you run a redlight its like 150 bucks and 1 or 2 points.

tickets for speeding can range from 80 up to however high they nab you for I know people who have paid 500 for a ticket.

it's all in what you do and who catches you =)

Originally posted by spectacle@Dec 16 2004, 01:48 AM
you'd rather run a red light then a stop sign in Texas. TRUST ME on this one....
[post=433021]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

Especially Houston. :lol:

Back