Recommended Hard Drives and DVD Burners

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by endlesszeal@Apr 4 2004, 12:25 AM
damn it.. i rebooted my computer and it still doesnt work..
can i get a refund from newegg? i bought it about 14-20 days ago and it said 30 day thing.. shit i hope i dont get stuck with a bummed out burner..

Call Newegg and find out. If you only have a 30 day warranty, call them as soon as you can. You don't want to end up one day late and be screwed.

alright i RMAed my NEC and bought not one, but two plextor 708a dvdr burners. i bought one and my mom bought one for me :-D.. anyway, heres the issue..
i HAD Nero 6.0.0.0 and it was working pretty well.. not it always gave me a fucking power calibration error or watever.. it burns dvds very well, but cds are questionable...
so i did a reformat on my drive, but somethign weird happened while i was installing XP.. the screen keep flashing on and off; did it like 3 times.. then after i got everything installed and all the updates.. i turn off my computer and rebooted and i get a black screen with white little bars in the bottom.. it takes about 3-5 minutes for the bars to become a uni bar. it moves left to right like something loading and then it skips the screen where it shows you what you have in your computer.. like the screen that lists all your hardware and what not.. oh yeah and this piece of shit computer hangs sometimes.. like i reboot it and it just gives me a fucking screen.. and it cant restart.. every time it restarts, the computer turns off and it just hangs with a black screen.. then i do a restart and my bios pops up..
GOD, or hondaswap, PLEASE HELP

:note: thanks. all you guys have been great helping me in my quest to fix this POS of a computer. and i really cant afford a new one at all. so this is going to have to last.

-ASUS Mobo (dont know the model)
-Windows XP Pro with a good key that lets you dl all the updates
-2 Plextor 708A DVD-Rs (one master, one slave)
-Floppy disk that doesnt work for shit (dont care)
-Maxtor 80GB HD
-Piece of shit 60GB HD

Pop open the case, then find the CMOS reset jumper. Put it in the "reset" position, leave it for about 30 seconds, then move it back. Boot up computer, put all BIOS settings back to what you need them to be.

Back