Red Sox...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Whore.

Anyway, game is about to start, I can't wait to the see the Yanks cry like a bunch of little pussies. Hope Pedro beans 'em all with a 97 MPH fastball, Karim Garcia twice.

I guess that didn't happen. Good luck to the yanks in the series.

HOLY F'ING SHIT. Bottom of the 11th and the .188 average 1 HR, 3RBI for the playoff's POS 3rd baseman hits a homer. BADASS GAME!! :)

Yanks are gunna take the Series, hands down.

Well, no surprise here the fuckin' STANKIES won, again. After seein this for the umpteenth time, I just realized how bad this is for baseball. I know why I hate the Yankee's. It isn't so much that the win every year, they are a good team, but they make it seem like it is the first time every time. They cry and celebrate like no other. I can't wait for the Yanks to lose the Series. I doubt that they will, if only Burnette was able to play, I would take Marlins. But I am going to have to take the Yankees in six. All the Marlins need is that ace, but they don't have him. I have to give congrats to the Yanks, good team with a lot of money, I would like to play for them. I'm pissed, I hate the Yanks. The reason that the Sox lost was bad managing, the lefty should have come in and pitched to Hideki. (SP?) Enough of my rant, go Marlins. :rant:

Awwww come on, it's the fuckin World Series, of course they're going to get excited. Besides, plenty of guys on the team have never been to the series before. I doubt it would have been that emotional had the Yanks won in 4 or 5 games as opposed to a 7th-game extra-innings walkoff homerun.

Hey, but the guys I saw crying were Rivera and Jeter, the two that always make it. Joe Torre was almost crying as well. He BTW is the most overrated manager in History.

Congratulations Yankees fans, you don't deserve it, but congratulations. That was a gift from Grady Little to the people of NY. 3 of the worst managerial mistakes I have ever seen, and I have NEVER seen them in 1 game like that before.......

The Yankees got owned from the start, only for the manager to give it to them......

/Dawn's flame suit

OK....it's just a sport....a game....granted the players make more than all of us combined.....and they rub their proffets in our face each day as Nike commercials play on the major networks......but.....get over it...it's not the end of the world.

I didn't watch it..I could care less about the game....but all I heard at work last night was all the bitching and complaining about what happened........I had enough....so flame away....I have the suit on.....

But funny thing.....when the kids in little league play ball....they can last all the way thru the game.....and they don't seem to get super tired at the last inning like the adults do......

The kids also don't play till 12:30 in the morining either, I know I was fallin asleep watching the game, and it was 11:30 over here, I think I would stay awake if I was playing, but still that was an extremely late game.

Ahhh yes, the anticipated whining has started. It's Grady's fault, blah blah. Just like blaming the Cubs' loss on the fan in the stands.

If you say that the Yankees didn't deserve it because Grady fucked up, then I say the Red Sox didn't deserve it because they got outplayed. The Yankees could have unloaded on Wakefield like they did on Wakefield. The Yankees could have unloaded on Wakefield like Boone did.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Oct 17 2003, 02:51 PM
Ahhh yes, the anticipated whining has started. It's Grady's fault, blah blah. Just like blaming the Cubs' loss on the fan in the stands.

If you say that the Yankees didn't deserve it because Grady fucked up, then I say the Red Sox didn't deserve it because they got outplayed. The Yankees could have unloaded on Wakefield like they did on Wakefield. The Yankees could have unloaded on Wakefield like Boone did.

please......don't lie and TELL ME you didn't thin it was over when they went up 5-2. If you thought they were coming back, you should be a fucking fortune teller. Since we all know Baseball is a game of numbers, look at them .Timlin, williamson and embry all have not allowed a run in this post season. in the 8th, Pedro should NEVER have gone to the mound. The Bullpen which has been outstanding should have come in. plain and simple. The game was handed to you. And if you think it wasn't, consider how many hits were hit off of Pedro before the 2/3 of the 7th were up. 3 hits in 7 2/3 innings......The Sox were 5 defensive outs away in the 8th when all of the bullshit started, but yes, you expected them to win........ gimme a fucken break.

whining or not, I heard about 1/2 and 1/2 from yankees fans this morning on the radio and talking to people. The arrogant know it all Yakees fans think that the Sox fell right into the hands of the yankees, the smart Yankees fans know it was a gift......

Originally posted by Airjockie@Oct 17 2003, 12:43 PM
/Dawn's flame suit

OK....it's just a sport....a game....granted the players make more than all of us combined.....and they rub their proffets in our face each day as Nike commercials play on the major networks......but.....get over it...it's not the end of the world.

I didn't watch it..I could care less about the game....but all I heard at work last night was all the bitching and complaining about what happened........I had enough....so flame away....I have the suit on.....

But funny thing.....when the kids in little league play ball....they can last all the way thru the game.....and they don't seem to get super tired at the last inning like the adults do......

Thats like me saying to you, why do you car about any of your cars? Its only a mode of transportation......

Baseball/Football/Basketball to me is like breathing. If I didn't have them, I would be lost........

Now I'm all worked up. I feel like taking a bat and doing my own impression of david Ortiz and whacking some Yankees fans with my louisville....... :angry: especially the ones who have no clue what they are talking about and are bandwagon jumpers.....

Originally posted by quicksi@Oct 17 2003, 08:00 AM
please......don't lie and TELL ME you didn't thin it was over when they went up 5-2. If you thought they were coming back, you should be a fucking fortune teller. Since we all know Baseball is a game of numbers, look at them .Timlin, williamson and embry all have not allowed a run in this post season. in the 8th, Pedro should NEVER have gone to the mound. The Bullpen which has been outstanding should have come in. plain and simple. The game was handed to you. And if you think it wasn't, consider how many hits were hit off of Pedro before the 2/3 of the 7th were up. 3 hits in 7 2/3 innings......The Sox were 5 defensive outs away in the 8th when all of the bullshit started, but yes, you expected them to win........ gimme a fucken break.

whining or not, I heard about 1/2 and 1/2 from yankees fans this morning on the radio and talking to people. The arrogant know it all Yakees fans think that the Sox fell right into the hands of the yankees, the smart Yankees fans know it was a gift......

No, I didn't EXPECT THE Yankees to win. As I said before, I was indeed nervous when the Sox went up by 3 or 4 runs. However, I did NOT give up on the game. I watched it while I was at the bowling alley during my league. I had it on the radio on the way home. And I had it on my TV at home all the way to the end of the game. Given the circus that was the Marlins/Cubs series, I knew that anything was possible during that game.

It wasn't a gift to the Yankees, nor was is "destiny" for the Yankees to win that game. It was a well-played game by the Yankees coupled with poor decisions and playing on the Bostons side.

Obviously you didn't watch the entire game while you were bowling. The Yankees couldn't do anything against pedro till he was tired. it was not a well played game by the Yankees, it was a gift that Pedro was left in there for that long. he never throws more than 100 pitches because fo his shoulder, and effectivness. And like clockwork, what happened just after 100 pitches? all hell breaks loose. The Yankees capatalized on a Boston mistake, plain and simple. I am willing to bet that if the Sox bullpen comes in ,the Yankees would not be going to the series. They might have scored a few more runs, but never would have tied it up, especially against a bullpen that hasn't given up a run in the post season never mind three to tie it.

Yankees weren't lucky, they didn't outplay Boston, they didn't even play that great of a game. They capatalized on a DUMB mistake by a manager that got outmanaged severly.

Well, that's true, I didn't watch the whole game. I was bowling. :D

I did see that the Yankees were struggling against Pedro, but as I said, there's nothing to say they wouldn't have lit up the bullpen. Look what the Marlins did to Kerry Wood. He was supposed to destroy them in game 7. Instead, he got destroyed.

i hear this same shit every year that the yankees play the sox in the playoffs and the yankees win. pedro was doing good against the yankees, he was pitching 90+ mph pitches. I think Grady wanted Pedro to work his way out of trouble, LIKE ALL TEAMS DO!!!! on that note, Yankees did it in game six, when Herdia walked one batter to load the bases, then Torre kept him in to work his way out of it and Heredia walked in the go-ahead run. MAYBE if Torre took Heredia out, they wouldnt of gone ahead.....So you could say that torre gave the sox game 6....(by keeping a ok pitcher in to walk in the leading run, then all hell broke loose) Yankees lost game 6 by a DUMB mistake by keeping Heredia in then bringing in White (two not so good relievers).

But everyone can go back and forth, back and forth alllll year about it, but what done is done. i guess you could say it was just luck that the red sox lost....or was it a curse....

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Oct 17 2003, 08:26 AM
i hear this same shit every year that the yankees play the sox in the playoffs and the yankees win. pedro was doing good against the yankees, he was pitching 90+ mph pitches. I think Grady wanted Pedro to work his way out of trouble, LIKE ALL TEAMS DO!!!! on that note, Yankees did it in game six, when Herdia walked one batter to load the bases, then Torre kept him in to work his way out of it and Heredia walked in the go-ahead run. MAYBE if Torre took Heredia out, they wouldnt of gone ahead.....So you could say that torre gave the sox game 6....(by keeping a ok pitcher in to walk in the leading run, then all hell broke loose) Yankees lost game 6 by a DUMB mistake by keeping Heredia in then bringing in White (two not so good relievers).

But everyone can go back and forth, back and forth alllll year about it, but what done is done.

Good point.

Back