Remember when ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

378765_358338214180608_51025988_n.jpg

381323_322160341131729_1733441800_n.jpg
im going to say top picture is finished exhaust ports and bottom picture is finished/close to finished intake ports.

EDIT- after looking at it is that a polished intake port in that top picture?

You suggesting @ 11k rpm it won't crank out 700 HP for a full 200,000 mile pull?

This thread has ran it's course and should be locked and forgotten...

locked yes, forgotten, no, lol.

So much fail, all in one little compact 8-page package...

agreed.

Well, for the record ... I had no idea the transmission was some kind of factory Mazda unit.

now you do =] you ever see the puerto rican drag racers at la fiebre doing those rear bumper dragging launches in the rotary swapped te72 corollas? same trans. practically bullitproof in stock form.

lolol SHO's use mazda transmissions lol (pre ford/mazda merge)

but they consistantly fail....no one cares.

im going to say top picture is finished exhaust ports and bottom picture is finished/close to finished intake ports.

EDIT- after looking at it is that a polished intake port in that top picture?

no, you never polish an intake port up to 1.5" before the injector, depending on injection design, and never on a carburated setup. polished intake ports after fuel is introduced is a no-no, because the polished smooth surface allows fuel to stick to the port instead of atomizing. you can polish intakes, TB's etc. where only air velocity enters, but once you introduce fuel, never go higher than 60 grit for a finished port. as for stopping polishing an inch or so before the injector, this is for the sake of reversion, and cavitation that is inevitable with higher profile cams, ans smaller LSA's where high overlap occurs.

and no, those are not whats finished.

that exhaust port is in the final polishing stages to be rid of all pits and scuffs from the re-shaping. this particular head is being reshaped to handle a 310/10.7mm exhaust cam.

the intake port you have pictured is only 1/2 done. note the bowls are blended and finished with 60 grit. the port floor and port ceiling are still being worked, also note the old valve guide still in place.

Last edited:
You suggesting @ 11k rpm it won't crank out 700 HP for a full 200,000 mile pull?

This thread has ran it's course and should be locked and forgotten...

that particular engine seen about 3200 hours, and was then sold in favor of the new 2az. the 4ag hasselgren is still kicking it though in a privateers N2/ group A monster.

no, you never polish an intake port up to 1.5" before the injector, depending on injection design, and never on a carburated setup. polished intake ports after fuel is introduced is a no-no, because the polished smooth surface allows fuel to stick to the port instead of atomizing. you can polish intakes, TB's etc. where only air velocity enters, but once you introduce fuel, never go higher than 60 grit for a finished port. as for stopping polishing an inch or so before the injector, this is for the sake of reversion, and cavitation that is inevitable with higher profile cams, ans smaller LSA's where high overlap occurs.

and no, those are not whats finished.

that exhaust port is in the final polishing stages to be rid of all pits and scuffs from the re-shaping. this particular head is being reshaped to handle a 310/10.7mm exhaust cam.

the intake port you have pictured is only 1/2 done. note the bowls are blended and finished with 60 grit. the port floor and port ceiling are still being worked, also note the old valve guide still in place.
i just got out of a hign performance fuels and ignition class where we learned about porting/polishing and flow testing, so i know what your talking about.
my judgements were based off the pictures on a small cell screen. either way,your work looks great.

my god what do they put in the water over there
confused.gif

seeing dickskates flat brimming douchey ass handed to him was hilarious but what the hell with all the look at me I'm so cool look what i can do bullshit pics

so what shoob you're the coolest turd in shitsville
bowdown.gif

there's a lot more talented and smarter people on here than you but they don't go waving around their dick for everyone to see and assume their smarter than everyone. which is what im getting from you

please both of you do the world a favor and don't breed

i know, i know who the hells this guy
poke.gif

locked yes, forgotten, no, lol.

agreed.

now you do =] you ever see the puerto rican drag racers at la fiebre doing those rear bumper dragging launches in the rotary swapped te72 corollas? same trans. practically bullitproof in stock form.

but they consistantly fail....no one cares.

the trans doesnt fail, the diff does, and believe it or not they dont constantly fail, zachs do, because he does burnouts on a regular basis

tire stuff
fair enough. I honestly didn't know anything about the tire stretching and why anyone would do it. If it works, it works. Cool, I learned something today.

im not a punk kid that revs at people at redlights, and dont street race.
That's good. Nor am I. I only streetraced once 6 years ago when I was a punk kid.

if you were any kind of photographer, you would understand depth, contrast, shadowing, and the likes and realize what your looking at, or what you think you might be trying to critique.if you had a good, attentive eye for photography and its contents, you would notice things i did not already cover in the last 4 pages, but you wouldnt know because you didnt take the time to observe in the 1st place. things like:
This made me laugh. You can call me on my limited automotive knowledge. That's cool, and no I didn't read the entire thread. I hadn't even gotten to the part where we found out it was your car, but whatever. You're right. I talked a game my knowledge can't back up, and I have been somewhat schooled with this post. But one thing I DO know is photography lol. At least enough that my teachers passed me and I was able to complete my associates and make work that turns heads, but I'll let my work speak for itself, even though exactly 0 people will follow this link. Itsbudda.daportfolio.com Yeah I'm certainly a horrible photographer. Just because I didn't call out every little minute detail of how your car is a cheaply held together and only covered the glaring things I noticed doesn't convey a lack of knowledge, moreso just laziness on my part, which I'll admit, yes I was very lazy. However you seem a little too eager to prove your knowledge. I don't know why the opinion of your tuner cred matters so much on a forum you won't frequent when this blows over, but to each his own.

Anyway, since you threw it out there.

-the home depot curtain springs holding the bumper corners on: Certainly don't want your front bumper mounted properly while drifting. It sucks, but you do get points for creativity.

-the welded on, sheet metal, rear spoiler: Why? Because you REALLY need that downforce for your purpose built drifter? Whatever.

-the driver side running light blown in the pic. - who cares? Not every lightbulb can work all the time. I won't criticize shit like that. I'm an asshole, but not that big of an asshole.

theres not a decaying building in sight.
Nope just the car, I think you missed the point of that joke. Also, are you blind? The entire setting that the car was shot in is the underside of an old overpass, in a shitty cracked up parking lot covered with graffiti. No urban decay in these shots at all. Nope.

its a complete waste of time to try and entertain someone that wears a bicycle helmet, or to my knowledge does, thru a first observation of characture.
Is it a waste of time? Then why did you bother with 3 posts and 10+ carefully thought out paragraphs, while scouring your computer for photos to prove your point? Also it's always funny when someone misspells two words in a sentence meant to insult someone's intelligence. Well done.

obviously your eyes are still a little blurry from your THC induced rant thats rhetorically covering what already has been.. try sobering up, and stay in school, and learn to read, being illiterate in todays world will get you no where. i mean you can try and use pictures as flash cards, and crayons and such, but youll have to grow up eventually.
Once again, a paragraph about how I'm illiterate, riddled with spelling and grammatical errors. Well done.

theres only 2 pictures above of a finished product, can you tell me which ones?
No. But then again, no one else could either.

automotive school must have taught you that.......i bet your ASE certified too, huh? ASE....your certified to ASK SOMEONE ELSE.
Whatever. Never claimed I was. But you can't convince me that it's a bad idea to have a timing belt cover. Yes it's easier to work on without, but still not a bad idea. And that 700hp 11k rpm car isn't a daily driver is it? No you don't need that on a racecar, but if you're gonna be driving around city streets, not a bad idea. I can understand taking the gamble with a non interference engine though, especially if you wrench on it frequently.

im not coming out as an ass on a high horse
:lol: Lol no...
but its evident your still young, and have quite a bit of things to learn, especially before you start attacking something that you really have zero true knowledge of. i was just using this as one example, also compiled with the ones above. this post.
Yes I do have alot to learn still. You've obviously done more engine work than me, and it shows. So you can build a good engine. Your bodywork is still just horrible, and lends the impression that you don't know what you're doing, because it's the kind of shit I see local wannabe tuners doing instead of their engine. I guess you can do both. Yeah you proved me crazy wrong.

Moral of the story?

I live in a glass house because I have limited tuning knowledge and criticize others.

You live in a glass house because you spent probably 1-2 hours crafting a post meant to call me stupid and uneducated, while barely being able to spell.

We're both stupid. We're both assholes. Let's agree to disagree, just put this shit behind us and enjoy our cars.

Last edited:
that particular engine seen about 3200 hours, and was then sold in favor of the new 2az. the 4ag hasselgren is still kicking it though in a privateers N2/ group A monster.
Don't take this personal, but 3200 hrs @ 60 mph average is 192,000 miles.

Bullshit.

Time to close this one down.

i just got out of a hign performance fuels and ignition class where we learned about porting/polishing and flow testing, so i know what your talking about.
my judgements were based off the pictures on a small cell screen. either way,your work looks great.

thank you.

my god what do they put in the water over there
confused.gif

seeing dickskates flat brimming douchey ass handed to him was hilarious but what the hell with all the look at me I'm so cool look what i can do bullshit pics

so what shoob you're the coolest turd in shitsville
bowdown.gif

there's a lot more talented and smarter people on here than you but they don't go waving around their dick for everyone to see and assume their smarter than everyone. which is what im getting from you

please both of you do the world a favor and don't breed

i know, i know who the hells this guy
poke.gif

i was actually just making corrections to certain statements, ill be the first to say im still a noob, but do have knowledge over some of the flung poo in here. for example, below. dont get me wrong im open minded, and can handle criticism, but is it wrong to point people in the right direction. come off as an ass, and i can do the same. i guess im saying, "know what your talking about before talking shit." knowledge is power, proper knowledge, backed with facts is educational to say the least.

fair enough. I honestly didn't know anything about the tire stretching and why anyone would do it. If it works, it works. Cool, I learned something today.

That's good. Nor am I. I only streetraced once 6 years ago when I was a punk kid.

This made me laugh. You can call me on my limited automotive knowledge. That's cool, and no I didn't read the entire thread. I hadn't even gotten to the part where we found out it was your car, but whatever. You're right. I talked a game my knowledge can't back up, and I have been somewhat schooled with this post. But one thing I DO know is photography lol. At least enough that my teachers passed me and I was able to complete my associates and make work that turns heads, but I'll let my work speak for itself, even though exactly 0 people will follow this link. Itsbudda.daportfolio.com Yeah I'm certainly a horrible photographer. Just because I didn't call out every little minute detail of how your car is a cheaply held together and only covered the glaring things I noticed doesn't convey a lack of knowledge, moreso just laziness on my part, which I'll admit, yes I was very lazy. However you seem a little too eager to prove your knowledge. I don't know why the opinion of your tuner cred matters so much on a forum you won't frequent when this blows over, but to each his own.

Anyway, since you threw it out there.

-the home depot curtain springs holding the bumper corners on: Certainly don't want your front bumper mounted properly while drifting. It sucks, but you do get points for creativity.

-the welded on, sheet metal, rear spoiler: Why? Because you REALLY need that downforce for your purpose built drifter? Whatever.

-the driver side running light blown in the pic. - who cares? Not every lightbulb can work all the time. I won't criticize shit like that. I'm an asshole, but not that big of an asshole.

Nope just the car, I think you missed the point of that joke. Also, are you blind? The entire setting that the car was shot in is the underside of an old overpass, in a shitty cracked up parking lot covered with graffiti. No urban decay in these shots at all. Nope.

Is it a waste of time? Then why did you bother with 3 posts and 10+ carefully thought out paragraphs, while scouring your computer for photos to prove your point? Also it's always funny when someone misspells two words in a sentence meant to insult someone's intelligence. Well done.

Once again, a paragraph about how I'm illiterate, riddled with spelling and grammatical errors. Well done.

No. But then again, no one else could either.

Whatever. Never claimed I was. But you can't convince me that it's a bad idea to have a timing belt cover. Yes it's easier to work on without, but still not a bad idea. And that 700hp 11k rpm car isn't a daily driver is it? No you don't need that on a racecar, but if you're gonna be driving around city streets, not a bad idea. I can understand taking the gamble with a non interference engine though, especially if you wrench on it frequently.

:lol: Lol no...
Yes I do have alot to learn still. You've obviously done more engine work than me, and it shows. So you can build a good engine. Your bodywork is still just horrible, and lends the impression that you don't know what you're doing, because it's the kind of shit I see local wannabe tuners doing instead of their engine. I guess you can do both. Yeah you proved me crazy wrong.

Moral of the story?

I live in a glass house because I have limited tuning knowledge and criticize others.

You live in a glass house because you spent probably 1-2 hours crafting a post meant to call me stupid and uneducated, while barely being able to spell.

We're both stupid. We're both assholes. Let's agree to disagree, just put this shit behind us and enjoy our cars.

and from what i gather, you still havent read.......lol.

the bodywork is shitty because zero fucks were given. thats covered........the cars sole purpose was to slide, cheapest possible. not be pretty, not to impress visually, but to preform a job......well, on a $3200 budget.

the spoiler........a few stoner friends, a welder, and a shop. the rest is history. i did not care about the car. "hey, let me weld a spoiler on your car, dude" me: "ok, fuck it"

and yes, you have nice photog....... but with all forms of art, isnt beauty in the eye of the beholder? by no means am i saying this car was beautiful, lol.

Don't take this personal, but 3200 hrs @ 60 mph average is 192,000 miles.

Bullshit.

Time to close this one down.

actually a drift car in formula d will idle for up to 6 hours twice a day. between practice, tuning, competition, etc. the car will cover roughly 40-50 miles a day that its in competition. which is usually 2days at a time. he ran this engine 4 years, 12 city's a year, off season practices, off season tuning, etc. you have a 10 mph pit limit, a 40 mph cruise to and from the pits, and in 1 run can reach a speed as high as 100 mph, and as low as 20 mph in a matter of 3/4 - 1 mile, multiple times.

now do your math.

then google hasselgren and formula atlantic. alot of the rotating assembly is stock internal parts. think of the 4ag as the 2jz's little brother.

edit: i was wrong, actually text and confirmed 2200 hours. and was rebuilt before going into the privateer car. good call.

Last edited:
shit is funny though, dicks shaking every where.

no homo.

you have that backwards. west coast got hatches, east coast got coupes.

Incorrect. I was alive and kicking when these things were on the market. Hatches were sold at Toyota dealers throughout CT.

You may be thinking of sunroof models though, and the GTS. The GTS was a "This dealer got one" sort of thing, or a special order option.

Incorrect. I was alive and kicking when these things were on the market. Hatches were sold at Toyota dealers throughout CT.

You may be thinking of sunroof models though, and the GTS. The GTS was a "This dealer got one" sort of thing, or a special order option.

I miss my gts coupe

Back