Renault GTA's on ebay...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It's a rare car, but it's mostly body trim mods and a name badge. Whoopdee doo.

If no one got excited over my Celica GTA, then I'm not gonna get excited over this "limited edition" 10,000 units car. Nope.

celica GTA =
av-28114.gif

the engine and trans. only came in the GTA also

2.0 w/the close ratio trans vs. 1.4 or 1.7 in the Alliance

Ouch, just had to log on to this thread to defend the GTA. I owned one of the first ones in NA, I am in Canada and I can tell you these were great cars. There was NO CAR on the road that could handle like the GTA in 1987. The suspension was not rocket science by todays standards but it was tuned to the Michelin Sport XGT+ tires and it worked. These were 50 series stock tires at a time where Honda only thought 70 series.
This was the good old days where street racing didn't mean death and this car was no slouch in a straight line. I could cream a Volks GTI (that's why they shoved the VR6 in it later), could beat a 5.0L Firebird in the 1/4 mile and couldn't quite keep up with a 5.0L Mustang. Mine was one of the first out of the box and had a weird spoiler on the back not shared with later versions that were definitely not as fast. Maybe a factory special? I test drove a 90 CRX at one point but it's handling was atrocious compared to the Renault so I passed.
Great car but if you didn't change the timing belt it could wipe out your engine, mine happed at 192000 miles, OUCH. Anyhow, I missed mine so much I bought a used convertible 3 years ago and am searching for parts. Rare car, 2800 made and 800 convertibles, parts hard/impossible to get but if you know what you're doing there are European engine options or R5 Turbo parts that would make it a killer machine. It's just that a 20 year old Renault would need a bit of refreshing. Unless you buy this one, nicest I've seen in a while
eBay Motors: Renault (item 4653960310 end time Jun-27-06 18:39:15 PDT)
And, don't count on this one getting 0.94g. Normal Renault suspension would have the butt end way up in the air, so the torsion bars need to be adjusted.
I could go on but I've defended my car. Best car that nobody knows about.

Ive seen a old ass Rabbit Turbo Diesel completely stock get down in auto x... some of these cars get down...

Back