Returned from the Dyno *UPDATE DYNO SHEETS*

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

btw SOL

not to be an ass, but do I still get any money for having done there. When I put the dyno up it will say GRound ZEro on it.

But seriously, what could make the dyno give me wrong results? That way I can have them check that too, though I am sure they would know when they checked it.

Originally posted by khai_tuan_nguyen@Feb 20 2005, 10:46 PM
Alright sol,

Guess what?

I absolutely agree with you that Groundzero knows their shit. It actually costs $175 for the first hour and $125 for each hour after. Guess what else? I persoanlly know them and their owners. Guess what else? They are the only certified hondata distributors in Oregon. Guess what else? They have a mustang dyno. Guess what else? THAT IS WHERE I GOT MY DYNO!!!!!!
[post=463664]Quoted post[/post]​

Wow...pwn4g3 of the millenium...

edit: But at any rate, I still think something's off.

My previous setup:
85MM Golden Eagle sleeved B18C1 block, CP 12.5:1 pistons, Eagle rods, LS crank, GSR head, Skunk2 Stage 2 cams, Portflow valvesprings & retainers, Skunk2 intake manifold, Skunk2 cam gears, DSM 450cc injectors, Crappy Ebay intake, Ported ITR header, RSR ExMag exhaust, CarSound cat, CTR tranny, ACT ProLite flywheel, Clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, Gator stage 2 axles, P28, Hondata S200

Dyno from that setup:
4774_1106992451.jpg

Something just isn't right, that with the same bore/stroke, milder cams, and less compression, that you'd make 34 more hp than I did....

I think something is up too, but what? What else could I ask them to check. why would it all the suddenly be messe up on my run. They have dynoed countless cars. They had the guy come in and check everything on the dyno to make sure it was right, like i said from sensors to correction factors.

I just don't know. They were also the ones who built my motor from the ground up. The funny thing is i am also running cat. How funny is that.

Khai

Im sure the Dyno reads right and you did make that much HP.
But it is known that Mustang Dynos read higher than the most commonly used DynoJet Dyno.

Everyone should calm down and dont be alarmed at the high numbers Khai's motor has made.

Keep in mind:
1. Dyno numbers are a way to COMPARE your motor and your specific motor ONLY. It is a guide to the changes you made to your setup.

2. In no way is it a COMPARISON between other peoples setups. It can be somewhat a GUIDE but not a Reliable Comparison. Each dyno and setup is different.

3. There are so many factors that can make a difference in each setup. Tuning, Combination of parts used, elevation, and weather.

4. Don't get too caught up on HP hype. The above factors can make a difference in readings and is not a True comparison to each setup.

I may have missed some information of the setup, but was there a before and after comparison on the new and old motor? Thats one way to really see if the above upgrades really have made that much difference to the basic motor.

There was not a comparison of how much the bolt ons made, but there was a b20b with gsr head, type r intake cam and 12:5 pistons in an integra. The only other thing it had was a knock off type r header and cheap exhaust and ram intake. This car dynoed a few weeks before my car and its base run made 170 hp and 150 tq. After its tune it made 188 hp and 168 tq. So that is a little comparison on the dyno.

When I post up my curves it is sooooo damn smoooth, no spikes or jumps at all. Vtec is at 5100 and the curve climbs studily from there.

Khai

those are rare #s that your puttin out on your mildly mod b20 vtec and im more on the believing side of your dyno #s. my similar mod should be producing 200 to the wheels witch is the b20z gsr head, skunk manifold with hondata heat sheild, itr cams, cam gears, HIE, fpr, and will go with hondata s100 and dyno in 2 weeks. just by how hard the motor pulls in my 4 dr gsr, im thinking 200 to 220 range hp and 150 to 160 tq range. but i wont be disappointed if im not there tho. just toughts. b20 vtec rules.

Dyno error maybe, 50 shot guarenteed NOT used. I went back to Groundzero and asked some more. I showed them this post and they told me about the mustang dynoing process. All mustangs dyno similar cars and see what numbers they get, that is how they know if they are right on or not. The dyno has been calibrated.

That is all i can say. So say what you guys want but i am just saying that is what the numebers say.

Khai

If they really are correct, assuming that the dyno just reads higher than most, and that your numbers were adjusted for weather/elevation, just don't think your car makes as much as other cars with dyno sheets claiming 235. If you ever need a reminder, take a trip down here and Ill set you up with a car who makes less power than you :).

Really, the best way to settle this would be to take a car with known dyno numbers that may have been more realistic, and get it dynoed at that shop. Don't think that will happen, though....

well I can kinda beleive the numbers. There are always freek engines out there. My freinds basicly stock LS could hang almost dead on with a stock GSR. Another one of my freinds has a stock JDM CRV engine (9.8:1 compression if I remember right) which was tune, with a POS DCsport header/exhaust and intake, and he made 10 more WHP then honda's advertised crank HP.

I will take it to the track when it opens and they will be dynoing a stock car soon at the shop. I will keep you posted.

Khai

yea man we dont think that your making up the numbers. we believe the dyno gave you those numbers, we just think the dyno is wrong. take it somewhere else and get it done there.

Like Mike said though take it to Groundzero, the best place in oregon. That is where i took it. Remember they dynoed a b20vtec and it made 190 hp and 170 ft-lbs tq so the number can't very that much. My motor is practically brand new if htat makes a difference. New bearings pumps everything. So yeah anyway.....................

Ok here is what I got, I went back to groundzero and redynoed it and got basically the exact same numbers. This was after they recalibrated it with a stock civic si and a 1200 hp tt supra. Then a few weeks ago we (Groundzero and I) went to opening sport compact day at woodburn (it rained so that didn't happen), but went the following day to the muscle car day and I made 4 runs. First I got a high 13 (first time driving and launching at the track so I had mad tire spin), then I got a 13.1 and then I got a 12. 88 and a 12.79.

So what's next?

i run 11's in my hatch and i only dynoed 297 with my stock d15, not sure how though maybe crazy timing :wacko:

Back