Robin Williams dies Monday 8-11-14 at 63

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

|Chaz|

VIP
This is the first time that a celebrity dying actually makes me stop and think about him for a minute. I've enjoyed a lot of his performances. I grew up with a lot of his performances.

I've enjoyed his performances over the years too. They're saying it's likely a suicide. Very sad.

Honestly, I'm not completely surprised. Apparently he was manic depressive and had been for many, many years.

asphyxiation...

sounds like he went out whacking and choking like Carrrdine
:/

Yeah man. The feels were bad yesterday. Even now, I'm thinking of planning a mini-marathon of robin williams films. He was so prevalent in my child hood. Where do I start?

Mrs. Doubtfire or Hook to kick it off?

Yeah man. The feels were bad yesterday. Even now, I'm thinking of planning a mini-marathon of robin williams films. He was so prevalent in my child hood. Where do I start?

Mrs. Doubtfire or Hook to kick it off?
If I were gonna do it, I'd start with hook. I'm pretty sure that's the first movie I ever saw him in. Maybe popeye, but I definitely don't remember anything about that movie.

I guess this brings up a pretty solid ethical debate on drugs.
Would you rather see someone abuse cocaine and slowly wither away, or have them live an existence so unhappy that they end up off'ing themselves.

Cocaine doesn't make you 'happy' though.... sure, it's an upper, but it's not a mood drug so to speak

I would imagine people would be shouting about auto erotic asphyxiation. I think he hung himself.

i'd imagine if i wanted to hang myself i would leave plenty of slack
need that quick clean break so you're not hanging there dangling and thinking over your life's decisions

yeah, suffocating is no way to go out. need to find some gallows or something

still, it's pretty low on my list of ways i would like to go.

I'm just glad people are not Paul Walkering his death. Everyone seems to be on the same page that a good guy died and that it sucks.

Not, he was like my brother, like me, oh we were so close he was such a big man in my life yada yada yada.

Back