rpm jumps up in gear

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well that would eliminate everything lol. but it also could be the iacv on the back of the intake.sometimes those get clogged and cause an idle surge to go up and down.

one mechanic said preasure plate (which i highly doubt. Clutch kit is 3-4 months old) another one said its something with air/fuel but since its obd1 he cant check with xomputer...air/fuel seems more believable ill try to to put old tps back, see what happens with that, i really dont know wtf thia dc wants

its a pain in the ass to chase down little sporadic problems like this in cars.if it was the clutch it would also start slipping or pulling when it does that.

pulling like how? cause i can definitely feel it physically when the rpms jump up

its a slipping clutch
could definitely be a bad pressure plate
or any other number of things going wrong in there wont really know until you crack it open

but the fact that it is revving up by about 1-1.5K rpms while in gear without altering speed tells you that the clutch is slipping

hmm okay, i turned on the car at some point yesterday and left it in neutral, popped the hood, and just played around with the throttle pully. so when the pully is barely pulled, like literally minimal. the motor starts to stumble but if you pull the pulley a bit more everything becomes normal n it works good, ill get a video of it today

Soo im back here, my othwr integra gor totalled so I havent been driving for a bit. I swapped my old swap in a new teg, brand new clutch, another tranny, resurfaced flywheel. Still the jerk is there. So it wasnt the clutch or tranny...back to suggestions?

One weird thing I noticed is that my oil cap keep coming loose...not off but loose could extra air somehow have caused this if it goes through lose oil cap? My other thoughts would be distributor or air leak in one of the hoses?

Back