1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RPM's climb but car goes nowhere

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by integraxtc, Dec 21, 2004.

1. integraxtc

integraxtc Junior Member

OK, so from like 2.5K-4K RPM I can floor it and the car won't accelerate the way it should. It's a 91 Teg w/ stock everything (engine wise minus SRI). Sometimes I shift gears, and go to press the gas and the needle goes to like 3K and then drops to 2.5-2.6K rpm. Can anyone tell me wassup?? :blink:

2. formby

formby learning in progress

i am not completely shure but it might be your tranny or your clutch is worn.....good luck

3. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

so does the car move between this rpm range? or it just accelerates slow?

do you know what a slipping clutch feels like?

4. erebunicrx

erebunicrx my name is Dale

clutch is about gone. be easy with it till you have money to get another one. it could last a little if you baby it.

5. smooth_criminal

smooth_criminal Senior Member

yup your clutch is toasted

6. integraxtc

integraxtc Junior Member

yeah, I was thinking it was a clutch, but I first thought it was that I needed wires, cap and rotor, plugs. I bought all that stuff(haven't installed it yet), it needed it anyway.

And yeah, I have been babying it, cuz the car goes nowhere. I had my drive it, and he toasted it more, that bitch smelled bad, he concluded the clutch is toast also.

haha No I got to dish out some dough, when I don't have any, and I gotta pay for books, school parking, and insurande in FEb. Fucking blows. :angry: :fuckyou: :doh:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted