RPM's climb but car goes nowhere

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

integraxtc

OK, so from like 2.5K-4K RPM I can floor it and the car won't accelerate the way it should. It's a 91 Teg w/ stock everything (engine wise minus SRI). Sometimes I shift gears, and go to press the gas and the needle goes to like 3K and then drops to 2.5-2.6K rpm. Can anyone tell me wassup?? :blink:

Originally posted by integraxtc@Dec 21 2004, 03:23 PM
OK, so from like 2.5K-4K RPM I can floor it and the car won't accelerate the way it should. It's a 91 Teg w/ stock everything (engine wise minus SRI). Sometimes I shift gears, and go to press the gas and the needle goes to like 3K and then drops to 2.5-2.6K rpm. Can anyone tell me wassup?? :blink:
[post=435511]Quoted post[/post]​

i am not completely shure but it might be your tranny or your clutch is worn.....good luck

OK, so from like 2.5K-4K RPM I can floor it and the car won't accelerate the way it should.

so does the car move between this rpm range? or it just accelerates slow?

do you know what a slipping clutch feels like?

clutch is about gone. be easy with it till you have money to get another one. it could last a little if you baby it.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Dec 21 2004, 03:42 PM
OK, so from like 2.5K-4K RPM I can floor it and the car won't accelerate the way it should.

so does the car move between this rpm range? or it just accelerates slow?

do you know what a slipping clutch feels like?
[post=435524]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah, I was thinking it was a clutch, but I first thought it was that I needed wires, cap and rotor, plugs. I bought all that stuff(haven't installed it yet), it needed it anyway.

And yeah, I have been babying it, cuz the car goes nowhere. I had my drive it, and he toasted it more, that bitch smelled bad, he concluded the clutch is toast also.

haha No I got to dish out some dough, when I don't have any, and I gotta pay for books, school parking, and insurande in FEb. Fucking blows. :angry: :fuckyou: :doh:

Back