Rsx Or Wrx

which one should i get?

• acura rsx s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other (post

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16

Super Moderator
VIP
well, it looks like i need to find a car now, these are my 2 choices so far, what do you guys think? i want to stay under $24K for sure.

I picked the WRX because it's a badass car... but you'll have to deal with the weak transmission. I would probably go up a few thousand and try to get a WRX STi if I could find one, or maybe the Evo. The RSX-S transmission won't blow up on you if you launch it hard though, so that might be a better choice. Lots of people are already making ridiculous amounts of power with the K20 too.

My choice for 24-25k? Used IS300. :lol:

:withstupid:
these would be my choices in order
EVO
WRX
used IS300 (if certified with waranty move it to first place)

Originally posted by E_SolSi@May 7 2003, 07:34 PM

I probably wouldn't care too much for the warranty, other than for just making sure that things other than the engine don't die right off the lot. Of course, I would most likely only it as a certified Lexus. The whole idea would be to build up the drivetrain Supra style... and I'm leaning towards Toyota again because I really liked how well my Camry's cabin held together in that wreck a month ago.

:blink:

I really like Toyota's vault-like chassis setups.

Originally posted by Calesta@May 7 2003, 04:28 PM
I picked the WRX because it's a badass car... but you'll have to deal with the weak transmission. I would probably go up a few thousand and try to get a WRX STi if I could find one, or maybe the Evo. The RSX-S transmission won't blow up on you if you launch it hard though, so that might be a better choice. Lots of people are already making ridiculous amounts of power with the K20 too.

My choice for 24-25k? Used IS300. :lol:

well, the sti doesnt' come out until nov. and it will be around 30K. the evo, i can't find one around here for under 40K, so forget that. is300 eh? that is something to consider. :) remember, i'll be running this car on the road course eventually, can't stay away from that, haha.

WRX definatley. You get AWD and a turbo. Although I would see if you could get an STi. The RSX is a cool car, but not nearly as cool as the WRX.

Peace.

pick up an older ///M3 (E30 or E36)

:D sweet as hell for road course

Lighter cars are your friends on the road course, so the RSX wins here over the WRX. You don't want to deal with transmission failure on the track either, so the WRX might be out for you.

RSX-S = 6 speeds, simpler and tougher drivetrain, lighter
WRX = 5 speeds, more complex and weaker drivetrain, heavier

I think Honda's build quality is better too (interior), so for 24k it would feel more luxurious on the inside. If you're looking at the IS300, it's going to be difficult to find a certified used model in manual for under 25k. They're pretty rare as it is.

Another car to consider might be the Mazdaspeed Protege. I drove one this last weekend (dealers won't let you test drive them, typically), and it's actually really nicely put together. The road feel is really good too... it cornered around the cones very well.

You might also look into a used S2000. Those are everywhere for 25-26k.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@May 7 2003, 04:40 PM
pick up an older ///M3 (E30 or E36)

:D sweet as hell for road course

hmmmm..... i like the sound of an M3 B)

Originally posted by Calesta@May 7 2003, 04:42 PM

hmm, i'm finding S2K's from 22-25 :ph34r:

If you don't mind a car that is 11 years old, start looking at early 90 NSXs.

Have you considered build an older 2.5 RS? I know absolutely nothing about them except that if Subaru had brought the 2 liter turbo in that body to the states I would not be driving a Honda right now.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@May 7 2003, 07:34 PM
:withstupid:
these would be my choices in order
EVO
WRX

The Evo is at the top of my dream list right now

Originally posted by B16+May 7 2003, 07:49 PM-->
@May 7 2003, 04:42 PM

hmm, i'm finding S2K's from 22-25 :ph34r:

There you have it. 2 seats, trunk, RWD, awesome handling, and Honda reliability. Get one of those and slap a supercharger on it, and you're good to go.

:)

the used s2k or the used NSX would be my too votes. However, the NSX's insurance would be a ton, and to find one in your price range, don't be shocked if you have to drive 500 miles just to look at it.

B16, are you looking for a new car only? if not, for under 24k, I'd look into the 2.5RS, VW Golf GTI, teggy Type-R, 240SX....otherwise out of the two you have listed I'd go with the WRX, in black cause blue is too common

Originally posted by asmallsol@May 7 2003, 07:46 PM
the used s2k or the used NSX would be my too votes. However, the NSX's insurance would be a ton, and to find one in your price range, don't be shocked if you have to drive 500 miles just to look at it.

The NSX wouldn't be that much more to insure than the M3 for him. I imagine the S2K would be really high as well.

That is what I am saying. That will own everything else listed on a road course.

Back