s2000 dash into crx!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xs2kx

Hows it goin guys......i have a show car i buildin right now.....and im workin on putting a full s2000 interior into my crx......seats are mounted dash is just about mounted up just needs a little fiberglass molding work im tryin to find some info to get the rest to work i have the pinouts for the crx instrument cluster plugs im lookin for the pinouts for the s2000 instrument cluster plugs......thanks for any help
s40a6d2c3d46ae.jpg

s40a6d30ed6d93.jpg

s40a6d38b24a41.jpg

s40a6d349641ad.jpg

Yea how much did you pay for all that, I hope it works for you, That is going to be bad ass

I have to say, I don't like the paint, I hate yellow.. But the interior is going to be sweet.

That's going to be one hell of a show car man.

:thumbsup: Post pics when its complete.

Pick a color, paint your radiator support and subframe black, and forget about having 4G electronics run an S2K dash. It will NEVER happen, no matter how hard you try. Aside from the fact that the speedo in the S2K dash won't get along with the speedometer cable coming from your transmission, the tach output from the 4G ECU is designed to operate a stepper motor, not a series of LEDs.

Yea, I have only seen a couple people try to get the S2000 cluster working in another car and it won't happen. The VSS is completely different, the best hope came from a custom job using a DEFI HUD, but that seemed to have fizzled. Everything can be made to work, except the speedo, and I guess the temp is a pain in the ass too.

ive seen an s2000 cluster in a CRX, but not the whole dash. the tach worked in the car too, i assume everything worked... lemme see if i can find it...

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@May 22 2004, 11:53 PM
ive seen an s2000 cluster in a CRX, but not the whole dash. the tach worked in the car too, i assume everything worked... lemme see if i can find it...

If you find one with a working speedo, post up how they did it, no one I have heard of has gotten it going in the car.

found it :) took me forever to find. i dont know how they got the speedo or anything to work. you might have to ask them.

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=869347

thats a k20 in the crx. its a drag car but it looks like hes running hondata so i dunno. you would have to ask him how he got it to work. the fact that its a k20 may have something to do with it. maybe he upgraded to all newer electronics and just used the CRX shell. :shrug2:

Getting the lights to work and show a zero is no problem, but getting the speedo to work is, There's no reply about it working, and if it did, how they did it :(

yea i figured it all worked just by the way he posted it. anyone who is serious should ask him first. its the only working one ive seen. but like i said it could be due to that fact that hes running a newer motor and possibly newer electronics, i dunno.

edit :

however, the tach does seem to work as it looks like its idleing so maybe he did get it working :) . either way. i would talk to him first

Everything has been made to work, even the tach, except the speedo, a guy here in Germany got everything except the tach also, Tom on H-T tried and several others, no posted any success stories.

im workin on settin up the whole interior as we speak....i have the whole entire interior from the s2000.....ill have more pics soon.....everyones gotta be postive with the wiring issues....lol.....eventually someone will get it all workin.....i have a friend whos a computer genius he goes to school for all this stuff....im goin to have him help some of his school projects have included makin a lcd dash display like mugens which is insane so i hope he can help...as for the price involved in gettin the interior so far i have spent about $1000 the seats and dash (both from junk yard $650) i got a good deal the rest was from honda....like i said will have new pics soon...

Back