Saturday's car shopping

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
I'm going car shooping on saturday.

here's the research i've done for local IN STOCK cars.

http://www.mitchell.sne1.com/newinv2.asp?VehicleVin=5L507294

http://ibc.crowleyautogroup.com/vdetail.ht...NGLEVEH=&INDEX=

http://www.mitchellsaab.com/new_inventory-...DFnno&make=Saab

http://www.audiusa.com/config_summary/0,48...dystyle=a4sedan

plus, whatever else they may have on the lot. we'll see what happens....

thow up any suggestions. i'm all ears at this point.

The 350Z is cool, but I'd rather have a G35.

The Saab is basically a WRX with a different body (if I remember right)

and I don't like Audis much.

I say STi or 350Z. Good luck B.

id prolly go with saab, i thought about the same exact model.

sure sti's are fast, but youd be the only one in town with that saab. ;)

My brother just picked up an 00 Audi TT black on black . Not the fastest car, but man its pretty fun and really is like a cockpit inside.

The chickfactor is also very very high.

If you get a 350Z find a base model. Only thing you want thats lacking in the base is an LSD who gives a fuck about everything else.

And once again I will say it, over at the G35/350Z boards most users tend to enjoy driving the 350Z more and like the looks of the car as with the looks the car gets VS the G35.

G35 is a great car but doesnt feel anywhere near as sporty and it's also a good bit slower even tho it's only slightly lower in HP.

350Z=heavy G35=Heavier

If you want an Audi A4 I have a Loaded 2003 (new body style) with the 3.0 I think 250HP motor. Quattro. My dads thinking about buying it from my brother who is now ever seas however it's up for grabs.still under factory warrenty from what I know.

40K miles I bet you could it get for mid to high 20s

fuck the 350z, they are garbage (uh oh). the only car id see going with out of all those is the STI, but youll need to buy either new wheels AND tiers, or just new tires for the snow season. as much as i hate slobs....i guess it sthe best one out of the bunch. the new A6's look good, but good luck affording that

Twin-Turbo all the way, i doesnt take much to make them fast
Lg29607-01.jpg

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Feb 16 2005, 11:55 PM
[post=462013]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes, but lower spring/shock rates and more rear travel for the fat Americans who want a softer ride, plus less aggressive toe settings up front. Alignment is easy to fix with 20 minutes on an alignment rack, but shocks/springs take money.

Originally posted by Oscar Mayer@Feb 17 2005, 07:07 AM
There's a used '00 S4 6spd/Black Leather in Yellow and 68k miles at Stephens for 19k :)
[post=462071]Quoted post[/post]​

yup. brandon drove it the other day. he works there. so if you want he couls tell you what they paid for it and you will get it for almost the dealers cost maybe less. but talk to brandon about it :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Feb 17 2005, 12:55 AM
The 350Z is cool, but I'd rather have a G35.

and I don't like Audis much.

I say STi or 350Z. Good luck B.
[post=462013]Quoted post[/post]​

The Saab you are referring to is the 9-2x which is a Fujitsu/Subaru/GM partnership. It is a WRX only with a different front fascia (SAAB Styling)

The Saab Brian linked to is an amazing automobile, however, since there is no AWD option, I was detoured away from it only because I have gotten accustomed to my 4wd in the snow :)

Brian: Why the sudden change in heart and getting a car payment? I thought you were going to get a condo?

Originally posted by corvetteguy@Feb 17 2005, 09:18 AM
What about the VW R32?

vwgolf6.JPG

vwgolf4.JPG

[post=462084]Quoted post[/post]​

Way over rated, the vr6 sucks compared to the 1.8t, My boss a lifetime fan of the GTi who has been driving one since the early 80's bought his last VW in 2000 and has had nothing but problems, moon roof leak, fell off track, driver side kay lock fucked up, ignition module failed etc... needless to say he'll never be buying another VW product

Stay away from the audi A4 what a piece of shit. everone I know that has one has had nothing but problems very similar to the VW.

I really like the saab you've mentioned B. The president of the company drove a saab 900 se turbo and a few other older saabs even tho they are closely related to GM it's a well built car and I like the 9-3. I myself would like a vigen.

even tho the subaru is cool everybody and their brother has one.

That's my .03

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Feb 17 2005, 12:57 AM
My brother just picked up an 00 Audi TT black on black . Not the fastest car, but man its pretty fun and really is like a cockpit inside.

[post=462017]Quoted post[/post]​

B i think u should get a car with a mondo chick factor

Originally posted by Oscar Mayer@Feb 17 2005, 07:34 AM
The Saab you are referring to is the 9-2x which is a Fujitsu/Subaru/GM partnership. It is a WRX only with a different front fascia (SAAB Styling)
[post=462088]Quoted post[/post]​

Whoops- I didn't click on B's link. There is more than just a difference in the front fascia for the 9-2x though- read my post. The suspension setup is slightly different.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM+Feb 17 2005, 09:25 AM-->
corvetteguy
@Feb 17 2005, 09:18 AM
What about the VW R32?

vwgolf6.JPG

vwgolf4.JPG

Way over rated, the vr6 sucks compared to the 1.8t, My boss a lifetime fan of the GTi who has been driving one since the early 80's bought his last VW in 2000 and has had nothing but problems, moon roof leak, fell off track, driver side kay lock fucked up, ignition module failed etc... needless to say he'll never be buying another VW product

[post=462095]Quoted post[/post]​

The R32 is ghey - i drove my friends. It handled well, but just wasnt quick.

not thinking about an evo?
[post=462011]Quoted post[/post]​

nope. they are going for over 40k here. not worth it. plus, the dealerships that sell them suck.

id prolly go with saab, i thought about the same exact model.

sure sti's are fast, but youd be the only one in town with that saab. ;)
[post=462014]Quoted post[/post]​

there's TONS of saab's around here....

[post=462017]Quoted post[/post]​

I hate TT's. plus, i'm looking for a more practical car....

350Z=heavy G35=Heavier

yeah, both are on the bottom of the list right now...

If you want an Audi A4 I have a Loaded 2003 (new body style) with the 3.0 I think 250HP motor. Quattro. My dads thinking about buying it from my brother who is now ever seas however it's up for grabs.still under factory warrenty from what I know.

40K miles I bet you could it get for mid to high 20s
[post=462022]Quoted post[/post]​

the a4 is right there too... its kind of a fall back car.

the only car id see going with out of all those is the STI, but youll need to buy either new wheels AND tiers, or just new tires for the snow season. as much as i hate slobs....i guess it sthe best one out of the bunch.
[post=462033]Quoted post[/post]​

snow season is almost over here... we may get one or two more snow falls... i'm not too worried about it.

Read: my avatar
[post=462059]Quoted post[/post]​

word.

Just save up and wait for the new G35, supposed to have 295 horses.
[post=462064]Quoted post[/post]​

not an option. I'm working-car-less right now. i need a car now not next year.

There's a used '00 S4 6spd/Black Leather in Yellow and 68k miles at Stephens for 19k :)
[post=462071]Quoted post[/post]​

i've been down the s4 road..... and i'm not going back there.. nice cars, but theres just too many things that go wrong in like all of them.

And as for it being at stephens, i have a personal vendetta against that guy. Fuck the barbarino family. they won't see a dime of my money.

What about the VW R32?

i can't stand VW's.

The Saab Brian linked to is an amazing automobile, however, since there is no AWD option, I was detoured away from it only because I have gotten accustomed to my 4wd in the snow :)

yeah, i hear ya... i wish it was AWD...

Brian: Why the sudden change in heart and getting a car payment? I thought you were going to get a condo?
[post=462088]Quoted post[/post]​

i was never going to get a condo. lol I was saving for a house. I think condo's are a bad investment personally. my dad lost his shirt on one that he owned.
but, if i can't get to work reliably, i can't save for a house, now can i? :p

and payments? who said anything about payments. It's only 32k.

Cash is king. :lol:

edit. i suck a multiquote. i can't figure out wtf i did wrong. some mod fix me. lol

Back