Saying goodbye

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
jdm_slut better start fucking listening. I have jack shit in savings. No wait, sorry. I have 124.28 in my savings account. That's right. I want a fucking house SO badly I can almost taste it, yet I don't think I'm going to be able to put enough down to get the payments I want.

And you're worried about buying a piece of metal that you can drive around depreciating it's value... all the while having ANOTHER car already?

Sure you work and are in your twenties, but hell... you think of money like you're 16.

Think further into the future than a few months. Use, save, spend your money wisely.

for the last time, i do not fucking care what you think about me buying a car. If I wanted a damn house; id buy one. And, i save a hell of alot more money than I spend.

Hahahah... People here take more interest in this their own business. Dayum.

Anyone telling you not to buy an NSX is a hater. Anyone telling you to save up is trying to help you succeed in life.

We owe you neither.

It seems that every other woman that joins gets this attention. Then every other woman is worshipped and butt-sniffed until my screen melts. It happens.

The NSX is a bit overrated. If you were to objectively drive, say, a C5 Corvette you would forget all about the NSX. And at half the price, that should be easy.

I dont know.. my boyfriends trying to talk me out of a NSX and into another supra, then im sitting here thinking maybe I should just buy a project, and rebuild everything, its alot more fun. I do save money, And thanks for the heads ups on saving, buying a house, and all that stuff, but everyone has different views. When I want a home, ill buy one. For the time being, people shouldn't hate on people, because all i was asking what was you guys thought I should buy.. this isnt Dr. Phil.

I'm not a relationship expert, and I'm not bald. Just telling you that you should use your cash wisely. You'll regret it later.

Well thanks for the advice. and congrats on not being bald.

Honestly a car, especially a daily driven car, is the worst investment you could possibly make short of buying drugs.

I have too much money into my WRX as it is and I love cars, but honestly if I want out of that car its going to cost me a lot of money.

Buying a $50,000-$60,000 car simply because you ran into some cash is retarded. Sure you could always sell the car, but you just lost a good deal of money if you buy a modded Rx7 or something of the like and drive it for a year or two. Stash most of that cash, keep $10,000-$15,000 to play with...maybe...and save the rest for a down payment on a house, you'll be there in a few years.

Some people are just attention whores...she won't take your advice:ph34r:

Something tells me, 9 to 1 that she doesn't actually go through on the NSX purchase and if she does its going to be no where near the $60,000 price tag.

Wait, why 60k on a NSX?? A good early 90s model can be had for 30ish, probably less. Are the newer models really that much better? Looks cosmetic to me and Honda itself said the C30A are better for boosting than the C32As anyway.

*shrugs*

So I was thinking about buying a McClaren F1 LM, you guys think I should do it?

you should save it for a new igloo :p

Seriously though Em, when the time comes, be it 2 months, 2 years, or even 10, saving for that downpayment is the best thing you can do.

60 grand down will allow you to save more than DOUBLE that in the long term.

a $300,000 house with 0 down = 1,896 + taxes, points and any other crap like PMI.
with 60 down, your payment is 1,517

400 a month, for 30 years difference... = $144,000

144- 60 = 84,000 cash in your pocket, by NOT buying the car, but after your mortgage is paid off.

84k + some crazy car worth 60k in the future...

or 60k now, and nothing in your pocket.

I don't know what you make... but I'm pretty sure I make a lot more money than you... probably double.

I take home about 6500 a month after taxes.

I have a 150k condo that I put 10k down on. I've been here a year, and I owe 140,233 according to my latest statement.

After closing costs, and a year of paying my mortgage, and MORE than my payment each month, I still owe more than my orig down payment on the place a year later.

Why? interest. over 800 bucks a month of my payment goes to interest. Factored out, my payment towards principal is a wopping 89 bucks or something like that.

the more you put down up front, the less compound interest you pay on it for the next 30 years of your life.

a year ago, i wasn't making this kind of money, so i didn't have more than 10 to put down.
if i had 60 to put down, i assure you, i wouldn't have bought a condo. i would have bought a dope house instead.

but i was stupid......
i blew 20 grand on civics
5 on 240s
and 10 on an sti that i drove for a year

had i saved that money, and been able to put 45 grand down instead, i'd be in a LOT better shape. i'd have an 80-90k loan out on my place... something i can kill in 8-10 years.
instead, i'll be lucky to pay this place off in 20 years.

and thats if i'm still living here that long from now... and i doubt that will be the case.

I won't try to talk you out of it.... hell, i drive an M3 that I paid 40k for and have a 7k "beater". But, i'm living well within my means.

condo = 1400 (includes HOA)
m3 = 875
bills = 200 (power) + 50 (cable/internet) + 80 (cell) + (130) ins + 120 (gas)

thats just under 3 grand a month in bills... which leaves me roughly 3500 a month to play with, eat, smoke, drink, go out, or pay more towards other things, such as my car or condo, and invest.

You have a finacial advantage many people wish they had.

Don't live "ni**** rich" as the term goes.... wearing bling, driving caddys with 24's, and not a pot to piss in.

HOLY SHIT you make 6500 a month? id buy a fucking M3 too and maybe a subaru impreza beater too boot. =P

but yeah, i agree with the people on this one. spend a little and invest the rest or end up like hammer.

Dammit. B makes more than I do.

Fark.

But he spends a grand a month to drive that BMW. Wow, holy stupid decisions, batman. Fuck dude you could rent one for that much.

Actually, I should be happy - I have about twice the expendable income as anyone here. My gf makes good loot, and my bills are ultra-low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back