shifter play?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mustang67n

i was wondering if theres any way to get the play outta the shifter on my '89 civic 5 speed.

ive already got energy suspension shifter stabilizer bushings, and htey helped a little, but not enough.

i'd LIKE to have it more like a rifle bolt, or like a newer cars shifter ya know? i doubt THAT good is possible, but i want it better lol

any ideas?

have your tried other shifters?
maybe a short-throw?

I've a GSR shifter in my rex and it doesnt seem to have much play at all, compared to the stock EF's wobbly self...
idk. give it a try.

when i get paid, im ordering a new short throw shifter for it. i was told that the bushings in the shifter itself wear and and it gets loose like that..

so a new shifter it is :-D

my skunk2 shifter is prob one of the nicest things i bought, aside from my motor. . . and to answer ur question it took the slop outta the shift =P

have you looked to where the shift linkage hooks up to the tranny??... it might be worn out there and that's causing the wobbliness of the shifter....

the shift linkage at the tranny is nice and tight.. im going to buy a new shifter (short throw) and see if that takes care of it.

B&M or Skunk2 would be my suggestions if your buying new.
GSR shifter if your buying used.

Back