Short throw shifter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i am actually still waiting for it to get here i ordered it saturday but i guess it got delayed with the snow or something, i have never driven a car with a short throw before so i dont know what to expect.

another thing when you get one for the 01 get a heavy shift knob to.

it helps with shifting, you will be surprised how easy it shifts with a good heavy knob

I had a Bomz Racing one in my 95 hatch, it was cheap, but i liked it, couldn't really tell if it was rubbing anything though.

update

i got my 12 buck APC red "short throw shifter" in the mail today
i threw it in, lil over an hour of work
i love how it feels and shifts but the shifter its self is actually longer than the stock one?
i guess it looks ok, and it drives good so im happy
& no rubbing or sloppy feel

i just bought a 95 civic and i put it on the lift cause the shifter was moving around a lot and realized there aren't any bushings where it connects to the linkage...does anyone know where i can buy just the bushings?

i just bought a 95 civic and i put it on the lift cause the shifter was moving around a lot and realized there aren't any bushings where it connects to the linkage...does anyone know where i can buy just the bushings?
honda dealer, now dont thread jack

cut about 1-3 inchs off the shifter to make it a little shorter,and put energy suspension bushings on it,you will love the feel,the cutting sounds hacked,but trust me,its worth it

if you put in a short throw that is listed as for 'civic/del sol' into a sol you will prob be dissapointed as they are shorter for the civics, not the del sol. The sol already somes with a factory shorter shifter than the civic, and it is also angled towards the driver, which most aftermarkets and factory civic shifters are not. Best shifter ive had in my sol is the factory one shortened about an inch and half with susp techniques poly bushings kit. i did that in my si, and again in my vtec, nice short crisp throws.

i suck

i bought one for a civic even tho i typed delsol,

im affraid that if i cut it my shift knob wont fit, the shifter gets wider as it gets closer to the bottom

Back