should i buy an 88 m3?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

id say hold out and get a brand new car next spring. While owning a 88 m3 would be cool, youll get more out of the new car.

I would say get the 5 series, little bit cheaper, and I love sedans... but thats me.

if you have 10k to spend on a car, really want something older and German, go to VWVortex and pick up an MK2 GTI w/a VR6 or 1.8T swap.

You'll spend less $$, have a cheaper car to maintain, and it'll be faster

don't get me wrong, I love those old M3's, just a bit of a headache for that kind of $$

Check out eurotuner's build up of a 93 325is. It does quite well against a 95 m3. Personally, The older m3s are cool looking but in a boyish kinda way. Maintenance ain't cheap either. Just buy a new m3 convertible and you'll get a warranty!

Id say splurge for an e36 over the e30, but thats me. Ive seen em for as low as 11 in dallas...and thats a 95 for 11k

I know a guy who picked up an '88 M3 in red, great shape, for a grand.

had a blown motor.

can someone explain why exactly that thing is still worth $9500 after 17 years?

not being a dick im curious as to whats so special about it.

Same reason that you would pay that much for an R32 Skyline...Cept its a BMW, and they are actually attainable in america.

Quoted post[/post]]
can someone explain why exactly that thing is still worth $9500 after 17 years?

not being a dick im curious as to whats so special about it.

its 99% race car. basically exactly the same as the m3's used to race professionaly during the same time period. people still race those cars because they are so badass. and its just highly collectable. in 10 more years the e36 m3 will be about the same.
also gotta figure in the base cost. a new m3 is like 50-60k. a new mustang is worth 25k. i would hope after 20 years the m3 would be worth more then a mustang. 89 stangs go for a few grand in good condition, the e30 m3 is 10 times the race car that a stang will ever be.

My Uncle has an E30 M3 with a Euro engine swap. Good god is that car pimp. Its in almost perfect condition and it just looks HOT. My favorite bimer body style. :mrgreen:

Back