Should Mazda...

Should Mazda use the Rotary Engine in more applications than just a sports car?

• Full ine of rotary-powered vehicles.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rotary-powered frotn wheel drive car similar to the CRX.

• -F- Mazda.

• Stick to the Are-Exes y0&#

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EXtremeAccord

I just saw that 4-rotor post in the multimedia area and thought I'd spice up the Member's Lounge a bit. But this is a serious question. Wouldn't you like to rock a 193+ HP sedan/coupe/hatch?

Just slap a RENESIS in a smaller version of those Mazda3 hatchbacks. That'd be some tight shit.

Or just come out with a next generation RX-7 TT. :)

edit: The 13B is already a very solid motor, just needs to be beefed up a little. Just use a little technology to make some minor adjustments, like add 3+ mm apex seals to the bad boys instead of normal 1mm. It's just little things like that...

hmmm, id like them to have the renesis as an option in the miata

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Dec 18 2004, 03:35 AM
Rotaries are still way too uncommon from a mechanic's standpoint.
[post=434064]Quoted post[/post]​

But I've heard that they are easy to work on?

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+Dec 18 2004, 01:37 PM-->
Battle Pope
@Dec 18 2004, 03:35 AM
Rotaries are still way too uncommon from a mechanic's standpoint.
[post=434064]Quoted post[/post]​

But I've heard that they are easy to work on?
[post=434128]Quoted post[/post]​

If you know how to work on them, they are easy as hell. My freind has rebuilt several, and now can take one out and rebuild one in less then a day.

:withstupid:

they are only hard to work on because most people know absolutly dick about them .... once you learn your way around a rotary engine they are retardedly easy .... i mean come on theres only 4 moving parts.... the only hard thing is all the springs and seals .... but as long as you dont go ripping through it like a fat bitch tearing into a bucket of KFC you are good to go

rotary engines are great

fuel economy and noise are the 2 main reasons they never cought on wide spread for car use... the other is peoples fear of any thing different

Yeah dude, they should be a piece of cake to work on. They run a rotor in a elliptical path. The rotor is triangular with three seals. No valves. Just a couple of ports. Add in a slice, and you have a bigger engine.

They used to make rotary pickups, and yes, rotary wagons.

That was 20-30 years ago.

I am a big fan of rotary vehichles, but I do not think Mazda needs to make any more FWD cars. I also would like to see the miata keep the piston motor, as gasmilage is nice with the miata, and a large selling point. I think that Mazda should do as they are hinting to in recent issues of Autoweek. They are debating bringing back the RX-7, it will be a two seater, lighter than the RX-8, and probably have a simlar motor.
Also don't forget guys that the Mazdaspeed RX-8 is going to be coming out soon. It is coming with about 30 extra horses coming from a supercharger. It will be pushing about 6psi (I wil have to look up the exact numbers at home), but I am sure that can all be upgraded. I am looking forward to test driving one, I would love to buy one, but it is hard enough to scrounge up cash for the civic. :(

out of all those choices, i choose (after sitting there for like 5 minutes because someone thinks its funny or cool spell things out which actually in the end is pretty gay) stick to the rx's. Sure it would be cool to have a rotary hatch but im not a hatch guy. all rotaries? how bout no considering 90% of mechanics cant help you. rotary powered fwd, never.

Having worked at Mazda... the MazdaSpeed RX-8 is going to have not 30 more horsepower as previously stated... it's going to have 115-ish more horses. They're twin-turboing it... Where did you get supercharge? Americans supercharge factory vehicles... JDM = Turbo.

MazdaSpeed RX-8 Concept HP - 346 || Approx. 315 to the wheels.

The turbos will be pushing a minimum of 8psi each, as they did with the factory MS Miata.

And I want to get my hands on a rotary wagon... I would rock that like a caveman.

Originally posted by EXtremeAccord@Dec 21 2004, 01:02 AM
Having worked at Mazda... the MazdaSpeed RX-8 is going to have not 30 more horsepower as previously stated... it's going to have 115-ish more horses. They're twin-turboing it... Where did you get supercharge? Americans supercharge factory vehicles... JDM = Turbo.

MazdaSpeed RX-8 Concept HP - 346 || Approx. 315 to the wheels.

The turbos will be pushing a minimum of 8psi each, as they did with the factory MS Miata.

And I want to get my hands on a rotary wagon... I would rock that like a caveman.
[post=435242]Quoted post[/post]​

Pick up the new issue of Road & Track's Speed Magazine. They have pics of the engine bay and everything. It is blown, with about 30 more ponies.
Here is a tiny pic of what it will look like:
RX-8SC.jpg

Edit:
here is the link to R&T speed magazine:
http://roadandtrack.com/article.asp?sectio...article_id=1627

and here is Rotary New's article:
http://rotarynews.com/?q=node/view/466

Hmm... perhaps I was fed nothing but bullshit at work... I wouldn't doubt it.

Back