sigh... another build thread. but this one will also end without epicness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dr_evil_laser.jpg

What exactly do you mean by "evil"...?

you would need the tuning and probaly some injectors with the itbs also so the only extra expense will be the belt and pulleys

you would need the tuning and probaly some injectors with the itbs also so the only extra expense will be the belt and pulleys

yea but having boost on such a high compression engine, you have to have a reliable engine management so it doesnt blow. with itb's i could rum s200 and be fine. if something goes wrong with the tune, my engine wont blow, it will just run like garbage. with the jrsc, too many things to go wrong. i really want this car to be reliable on the track because my past luck with reliability and track time have not gone well. its mostly because i always over complicate my builds. the more things that can go wrong, the more things will go wrong.

just saw this nice ass build your doing bro....and i thought i started mine from the bottom...will love to see some newer pics...

finally put back the supercharger after i powdercoated the intake mani. still debating on wether or not to use it
DSCN1069.jpg

DSCN1071.jpg

DSCN1072.jpg

got my dash from jegs in the mail today. its going to need some major trimming.
DSCN1073.jpg

for some reason, the guy that had the car before me used a cutting torch on the upper strut plate.
DSCN1074.jpg

cage is all wrapped up and the inside is almost ready for paint. probably a good 3-4 more hours of prep
DSCN1076.jpg

so i made a plate. i still need to drill the holes in it and weld it in, but you get the idea.
DSCN1075.jpg

Thats a whole lotta red. Glad your (at least for now) going with the supercharger.

i read someplace that the supercharger pulley rubs on the frame rail in a crx. that may be a big factor if i keep it or not. still reading up on it.

i had one on my b20 in my rcx back in the day and i just cut and moved in the rail right there by the alternator it rubs because of the wider belt and a b series has issues with alternator pulley any ways just needs a little fab work right there no big deal

Love the build. Nice to see a CRX raised out of the grave.

I don't know about JRSC now but when they started supercharging Hondas in the late 90's.....a 94 EX Civic was running 17's (Sac Raceway) with it and I wrote them off for good. I just figure the theory of needing power to make power with a supercharger is kinda bad news for a low torque 4 cylinder. But I have also seen video clips of GSR supercharger and it looked pretty fast. Never seen times for it though. I love the base of a type R motor and if it was me.....all motor and tuned to death. ITB's? Don't they need a lot of fiddling to keep at peak performance? I know that old school hot rods with multiple carb's is a bitch (but this is fuel injected) No matter what you do....you'll still be screaming out at the track and making those Miatas and Corvettes think twice. I heard those Miatas kick out out there.....I hate that! If I wanted a miata....I would frost the tips of my hair and start bating for the other team lol

after some thought id go with a small turbo :) trade or sell the charger for the turbo..
or go all motor

nah, if i did forced induction, it would be the supercharger. i just dont want to deal with all the potential problems a turbo has.

i have a small update, and im kind of scratching my head at this one. i tried bolting up the engine mount to the engine and the way it sits is really crooked. the engine will tilted so far forward like this. anyone know whats up?

DSCN1077.jpg

DSCN1078.jpg

a few more pics of the supercharger. if any of you guys wants to buy it, ill cut you a sweet deal.

DSCN1080.jpg

DSCN1081.jpg

drilled and welded the upper strut mounts. didnt turn out as pretty as i had hoped but its strong as hell and a nice strut bar will cover all that nastyness.

DSCN1082.jpg

Weird...I don't know. Was the car hit from that side? I would try a different cast iron mount (what the polished mount is attached to). But I can't see that beast of metal getting tweaked too easy. What about the polished mount? Is it new? Sorry...just brain storming

i figured out what was wrong. in the swap directions from hasport they say that the mounts are designed to work with an obd0 b16. so i have to go to acura and get the engine mount bracket from a obd0 b16a

Cool. When you plan on getting wired and started? You have a harness yet? Are you running OBD2 or OBD1? (sorry if you already stated it) I don;t know a lot about CRX wiring swaps but is the easiest (or only) way is with a CRX/Civic Si harness and a OBD1 VTEC harness together?

yea i am converting the engine from obd2 to obd1 and converting the actual car from obd0 to obd1. i have the stock engine harness and the one that came with the engine. i am going to take both of them over to rywire and have them make me a clean engine harness, get a jumper to convert the body harness to obd1 and be set.

I'm loving this build. This is what it's all about. Taking a junk car and turning it into a jaw dropping :suprised:master peace that kicks ass on the street & track. This is what makes the honda/ import scene the shit because most people would say this car belongs in a junkyard if they saw it when you started the build. When I see a car like this I see the potential it has and what the finished product will look like from a build like this one.:thumbsup:x1000 Keep the pics & updates coming. Pimp my ride needs to hire you today.

Back