sigh... another build thread. but this one will also end without epicness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yup.. this build died... bet he junked it for beer money!

Red and white is sexy. Just buy a shitload of red roll bar padding and put it on. You'll be happy you did in about the third flip when your noggin is bouncing off of the bars..

haha yea, it will get some padding where i could potentially hit my head. the build isnt dead, ive just been taking my sweet time. its been raining and cold out. not optimal weather to be painting. i fabbed up some brackets for the seat and the roll cage is 75 percent painted. i was going to take some pictures today but i forgot my camera at home. ill take some tomorrow.

oh also, i am scrapping the supercharger idea. i am currently looking to trade the supercharger for some individual throttle bodies. i dont want to limit the revving potential of my engine.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE ITBs. And revs are great. But how can you pass on instant torque and great HP numbers? I wish I could afford to take it off your hands.

that does seem odd.

dont get me wrong either. i was actively researching some ITBs for my lude before it was stolen, but if I had a supercharger already in my possession i wouldnt have sold it for itbs.

oh also, i am scrapping the supercharger idea. i am currently looking to trade the supercharger for some individual throttle bodies. i dont want to limit the revving potential of my engine.

No no no.. keep the supercharger. Really, you'll make lots of hp with the supercharger and only a tiny bit with the ITBs. They are just a waste of money unless you're an all out N/A drag racer who has done everything else you could possibly do first.

i just love driving a high revving engine. if i put the supercharger on, first of all, it will cost me alot more after i get the belt, hondata, injectors, etc. when it wont make much power after 6K rpm. sure it will be fast, but sometimes more HP isnt a good thing. esp in a fwd car. i still have to think about it but as of now, i am leaning towards ITB.

Fab up some crazy pre S/C ITB intake manifold that would end up being front mounted. K series style. A lot of work for little to no gain? Yes. Totally bad ass? YES

Attachments

• JR ITB.JPG
    JR ITB.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 236
Fab up some crazy pre S/C ITB intake manifold that would end up being front mounted. K series style. A lot of work for little to no gain? Yes. Totally bad ass? YES

you're drawing confuses me. as i recall, the jsrc just replaces your intake manifold.

i still may do it. i just want to get the engine in and running first. i posted a trade on HT for the supercharger but there hasnt been much interest so im going to hold onto the supercharger until i have more money, someone wants to trade or someone wants to buy it off me.

UPDATE!!!

cleaned up the engine
DSCN1048.jpg

got the seat and steering wheel in
DSCN1050.jpg

DSCN1051.jpg

had to fab up some brackets because the guy that had the car before me thought it was a good idea to take the stock ones out. i fitted up and designed the brackets and i had my buddy weld them in because i suck badly at welding.
DSCN1053.jpg

DSCN1054.jpg

its becoming a real car almost!
DSCN1052.jpg

DSCN1055.jpg

merry xmas to me! new tool box
DSCN1056.jpg

Back