sigh... another build thread. but this one will also end without epicness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

itbs have one cable and solid linkage with heim joints they dont dtrech and get out of tune. And personaly i would never run them on my DD but would sport those things all day long on the track having tuned cars with itbs and driven them they are realyy only suited for the track as bottom end power sucks and throttle is way to sensitive for my liking on a street car

This isnt exactly a DD. And it'll barely be a street car. Just street legal for to/from runs to the track.

itbs have one cable and solid linkage with heim joints they dont dtrech and get out of tune. And personaly i would never run them on my DD but would sport those things all day long on the track having tuned cars with itbs and driven them they are realyy only suited for the track as bottom end power sucks and throttle is way to sensitive for my liking on a street car

that was the impression i was under. itb's are good for the track and not for DD. although i agree that i could use the money i will get from selling the supercharger for other stuff, but i love how ITB's look and sound. i mean, if they werent good for a track car, and they werent good for daily driving, why would they even make them?

that was the impression i was under. itb's are good for the track and not for DD. although i agree that i could use the money i will get from selling the supercharger for other stuff, but i love how ITB's look and sound. i mean, if they werent good for a track car, and they werent good for daily driving, why would they even make them?
personaly there great for a track car.

I'm now getting all worked up about a 98+spec swap in my EGg. Tell me about your wiring that you plan on doing. I think I remember you saying you had both harnesses and were going to hit up Rywire?

I think I got the swap figured out....mostly. I have been told I can just use my b16A dizzy/alt and engine harness (plus injectors that are comparable to ITR's that are OBD1) Or cut and soder like crazy. Otherwise....seems like I would need a USDM OBD2 GSR harness? Or will a D16Y8 work? Thinking that I would stay OBD1 with the ECU. The harness that would come with the swap would be JDM and its all reversed to hell for RHD...at least my B16A was.

If a D16Y8 harness works...thats pretty cheap. What do you know about running the OBD2 TB (with no FITV) this is where I get confused with the ECU programming of a P28 chipped. Would it be easier to just run a jumper harness and the JDM ECU it comes with? (CA smog can be a bitch)

Sorry to bust up your thread but thought you and people who read this thread may have some knowledge for me.

ITB gonna happen for you? They do sound good and look pretty sick.

yea i have both B16 obd2 harness and a D series mpfi harness. now from what i hear, you can use the D series harness but you have to rewire the vtec pressure sensor, get a jumper harness for the distributor, lengthen some wires and a few other things. ive been using this article as a road map for the swap so far.

B16 Honda Swap Re Attach The Header To The Exhaust Photo

this is also a nice guide, but i think the poster got lazy because he left some stuff out.
http://crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=173

Last edited:
So the D series VTEC OBD2 still needs wires altered at the dizzy? Makes sense if you have to lengthen the VTEC lines (I had to for my D16Z6 harness and my B16A

I thought you had an OBD2 B16A2 harness and your EF harness...mate them together (Rywire) and it should plug up. Then you jump from OBD0 to OBD1 at the ECU and you should be good. Right? But what about the FITV for the TB? OBD2 TB don't have one. Do you have to have the chip programed differently or some other plan? I know OBD2 ECU's eliminate the need for a FITV but OBD1 and OBD0 have a FITV on the bottom of the TB. I was thinking that one could just run a OBD1 H22A Prelude TB but maybe there are other options (besides the ITB's lol)

fuck!!!! you didn't even really start yet and i came twice... :(

:withstupid:

THE ENGINE IS IN!!
DSCN1115.jpg

DSCN1117.jpg

:drool: pure money sex!!

i finally checked in on your build thread, was kinda hoping i'd have waited long enough to see you wrap it up, but it looks like i'm just in time for the finale.

subscribed.

:popcorn:

looking good man. Which endurance class do you plan on running? Is this NASA?

yea, but i had a rep come out and look at my cage and there is no way i will be able to meet the safety requirements for it without completely cutting out the cage and welding in a new one. the cage was made to meet IHRA safety standards in 1995 so yea, :(:mad2:

yea, but i had a rep come out and look at my cage and there is no way i will be able to meet the safety requirements for it without completely cutting out the cage and welding in a new one. the cage was made to meet IHRA safety standards in 1995 so yea, :(:mad2:
Ya, I was going to say something about the cage. I still need to get door bars in mine to be completely legal. But I'm only going to do TTC this year..

Take that thing to Tony at TC Designs; he'll build a proper SAFE cage.

TC Design

Ya, I was going to say something about the cage. I still need to get door bars in mine to be completely legal. But I'm only going to do TTC this year..

Take that thing to Tony at TC Designs; he'll build a proper SAFE cage.

TC Design

my buddy took his 240sx there and got a roll bar made. it was really nice but from what i remember him saying, it wasnt cheap. ever since i went back to school, i havent been working full time so im kind of strapped for cash with my build at the moment.

my buddy took his 240sx there and got a roll bar made. it was really nice but from what i remember him saying, it wasnt cheap. ever since i went back to school, i havent been working full time so im kind of strapped for cash with my build at the moment.
Not cheap; but how much is your life worth to you? ;)

Shit....if my cousin still made wakeboard towers (economy killed his business...its a luxury item), I guarantee that he'd be able to make a solid ass roll bar to any specs you had and get it powder coated for a decent price (with a variety of sick ass coats). When I was in college, I would work with him in the summers and we did tons of towers and even did various roll cages for 2 Rubicon Trucks, a 10 sec bubble window 'Cuda, and a few lifted golf carts. My cousin (as he says) throws down dimes when he welds (nice penetration and pretty welds). It would hold up and be a life saver for sure.

I think if you look around and talk to some people that own/work for race teams (like circle track teams) you can find a guy that knows his shit and wont charge you a premium for the product. Shit my cousin and I could've gotten all the bends done and have it tacked in 2 days tops. I learned to work a bender pretty good.

Edit: We couldn't powder coat the 'Cuda because it was not going anywhere after it was tacked/welded in. The customer said he would paint it himself after we finished. So it would be hard in a CRX too (although I just know how the guy wanted it built and don't know if you can make it 2-piece for your regulations)

Last edited:
Back