Single again, WTF

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Mrs phyre is very much the same way. She wants to talk a lot, but all she ever talks about is work. And stories of dumb ass customers, shitty employees, etc. When I sit her down for a movie she crashes out every single time.. Its frustrating as hell. But we deal with it. She can't stay awake through a movie and I don't care about 98% of the bank stories she tells. We're different like night and day, but we still get along just fine.. We accept eachother's strengths and weaknesses and we get along great.. There have been rough bits, but we've been "together" 11 years now.. And still I would have no one else. Well, not to marry anyway...

her rebuttal is that's not good enough

Sounds to me like she expects you to be the one doing all the changing in the relationship, and as all of us have said that won't work at all. Unless you're both willing to meet in the middle it will never work, and you would be fortunate to get out while you can.

eh, i have those issues too.
my gf will randomly turn down the radio or stop what ever the fuck we're doing and the conversation will go like this:
her: talk to me
me: about what
her: i dunno, just talk
me: what do you want to talk about
her: nothing in particular, i just want to talk
me: well, give me something to talk about, and we'll talk.

that usually ends like that, and we go back to doing whatever.

every time, every single time we watch a movie, she falls asleep. doesnt bother me, that just means i get to watch my movie in peace, she has a tendency of talking at the worst times. i guess im just spoiled, my girl doesnt really care what we're doing together, just that we're together, most of the time, lol.

i have been with my girl for 4.5years now, and i really dont think we could be any different. different religious beliefs, different views of life, different wants, different goals, everything.
we dont even know why it works out, but it does.

I've dated girls who do nothing, have no life, dont have any hobbies outside of tv, phone/friends myspace/facebook and bars/clubs

There's nothing you can say to get me to want to date someone after I figure out how boring they are. I'd rather be single forever, this settling bullshit is why people are unhappy and most of the time get a divorce after having a few kids.
I know what I'm into and what I'm not into, I could talk to or date 10 girls and drop them within 2 hours of the first hello because I clearly know it wouldnt work. Relationships and life isn't something to screw around with. Unless of course, it's something you know is going no where but a work out.

I enjoy everyday I have with linh, there's always something to talk about, something to do, and when there's not, we some how manage to find something. If we have a day where nothings going on, we'll end up working on Spanish together, or Vietnamese, Martial arts, clean the house again, knock out another home project, you name it. We find something. Even if it means talking about what's for dinner that's always the biggest question of the day =) Sometimes we plan our day around dinner.

Ask yourself this, can you talk to your girlfriend or for the OP could you talk to your ex the same way you talk to your life long best friend?

I can truly say I can.

Last edited:
I've dated girls who do nothing, have no life, dont have any hobbies outside of tv, phone/friends myspace/facebook and bars/clubs
welcome to my ex. rofl.
There's nothing you can say to get me to want to date someone after I figure out how boring they are. I'd rather be single forever, this settling bullshit is why people are unhappy and most of the time get a divorce after having a few kids.
I know what I'm into and what I'm not into, I could talk to or date 10 girls and drop them within 2 hours of the first hello because I clearly know it wouldnt work. Relationships and life isn't something to screw around with. Unless of course, it's something you know is going no where but a work out.
+1
and 2 hours is pushing it. i usually know within a few sentences if its a waste of time.

I'd rather be bored and lay anything I want then to be bored and stuck with 1 person.
yes, you can "lay anything you want". but when you're single, "good" ass isn't always easy to come by. it's like farming. you have to plant a few seeds and let them grow into a booty call. bitches don't just sign up to be a side piece of ass thhe day you meet them.

welcome to my ex. rofl.

+1
and 2 hours is pushing it. i usually know within a few sentences if its a waste of time.

thats everyone's ex. lol

and yes, it only takes a few sentences. if a girl mentions paris hilton, a chihuahua, or "the hills", she gets sent packing.

yes, you can "lay anything you want". but when you're single, "good" ass isn't always easy to come by. it's like farming. you have to plant a few seeds and let them grow into a booty call. bitches don't just sign up to be a side piece of ass thhe day you meet them.

thats everyone's ex. lol

and yes, it only takes a few sentences. if a girl mentions paris hilton, a chihuahua, or "the hills", she gets sent packing.

dude, you totally forgot jersey shore!

at least jersey shore has some sort of entertainment value. and it isn't scripted bullshit. but yes, it's on the list of braindead shit.

So you're saying you should lead girls into believing its a working relationship so you get ass?
I'm not into games and that's screwing around with people in the wrong way. I'd rather have a girl who knows straight up what it's about. Anyone with any game can get ass, yes, even that same day.

To put myself in a relationship so I can get ass would be a waste of time. Too much BS goes along with relationships to make it work just for ass.

it's not about leading them on. but i would rather be in a boring relationship than be bored and single. i'm not much into the bar and club scene. i don't like hunting all the time.

dont' confuse a boring relationship with being with someone who is stupid.

everybody is different. i have friends who just love being single. they don't get bored. they dont' get lonely. but i do. it all has it's ups and downs. but i think it's easy enough to find someone you like to spend time with and and still sleep together without getting married.

everybody is different. i have friends who just love being single. they don't get bored. they dont' get lonely.

That's exactly how I am. I don't mind hanging out with a girlfriend or friends, but you could leave me to my own devices and I could entertain myself for days on end without getting bored or lonely.

My GF is the exact opposite. She can't go for longer then a few hours without seeking the company of someone. Somehow we've made it work for 2 years now... :shrug2:

Back