Singulerity, part 2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Blanco spews, more like it.

No, I'm back together with her. Just having a bad day. Still learning her, as she is me. As you can imagine, dating Celerity is a matter of adjustment.

I'll be back on the subject, lemme wish E a happy b-day then go to work. I've been working 10 to 12 hour days this week.

Step 1: Stop wearing your heart on your fucking sleeve. You are a clinger. Admit it, deny it, I don't care. You cling to anyone who might make you "feel."

Step 2: Forget the relationship crap, "hookups", etc. Go back to the "dating" scene. Find a beautiful woman who you have a very strong physical attraction to. Take her to lunch or dinner. Converse. If she is a total fucktard, move along. You don't have to fuck, you don't have to join any skin head clans, you don't have to talk her out of slashing her wrists because she had a bad day. Clean, beautiful, non-emo women. Date dozens! One after another, until you find one that you really "click" with. Someone who makes sense to you, someone who draws you in mentally and emotionally. Ask that one out again. Keep the dates short and simple. Get do know her. Don't fuck her right away, because you will lose all respect for her. You need to stop fishing the pond and stop bagging the first fish that bites every time. Go hit the ocean and see what you can pull out.

hitting the 1 year mark myself.
Sucks, but what can I do. Hard to meet a good girl with similar interests and morals.
Doesn't help I deploy a lot ^^;;

Step 1: Stop wearing your heart on your fucking sleeve. You are a clinger. Admit it, deny it, I don't care. You cling to anyone who might make you "feel."

Step 2: Forget the relationship crap, "hookups", etc. Go back to the "dating" scene. Find a beautiful woman who you have a very strong physical attraction to. Take her to lunch or dinner. Converse. If she is a total fucktard, move along. You don't have to fuck, you don't have to join any skin head clans, you don't have to talk her out of slashing her wrists because she had a bad day. Clean, beautiful, non-emo women. Date dozens! One after another, until you find one that you really "click" with. Someone who makes sense to you, someone who draws you in mentally and emotionally. Ask that one out again. Keep the dates short and simple. Get do know her. Don't fuck her right away, because you will lose all respect for her. You need to stop fishing the pond and stop bagging the first fish that bites every time. Go hit the ocean and see what you can pull out.

ok, yeah. First of all, yeah. whatever. Didn't even read the post / I'm gonna take relationship advice from you ;) This thread is about me looking for relationship advice: Not from you idiots anyway. I'll say one thing about the way I date: Black is the new Black. I don't like bubbly people. Not my cup of tea. Read that sentence backwards if it makes more sense to you (I'm serious, read it backwards it'll blow your mind)

This is about a Generational Gap wherein people 20 and younger belong to a reality that isn't very pleasant, and it doesn't appear to be getting better. Never before have I met so many people who suffer, clinically, from panic attacks, drug abuse, relational abuse and suicidal tendencies / self-abuse. It's fucking crazy, and most of it is because they can't even FATHOM happiness.

This eludes them mostly because of their fucked-up perception of self-worth. The "Self Esteem" training has taken it's toll - and whereas before the truth was plain as day (No one likes you because you're a troll) it's now shifted to "I'm good the way I am, and someone will appreciate the fact that I bathe in greasy food and smell like a dead dog", So they go on, only making connections with people through hook-ups and drunk sex.

WAY more common than you may think. Look at these male kids now adays. Their hair looks like Greg Brady after a 3 day bender. Their own self-destruction, combined with a smattering of open choices for girls, ensures that women hold a position of relationship power. This may seem good, but it's a not nice place to be. My girlfriend can't even walk down the road without being accosted. It's a scary place for her - she can't be regarded by anyone in her generation as more than a sex object.

I'm looking for the GenMe'ers to weigh in on this.

im in this "GEN-ME" region(i think) and im one of the few cel has described(well minus the relationship problems because we have already talked about this)
and while i really dont know what cel is asking for when he says "I'm looking for the GenMe'ers to weigh in on this." i do know that he is correct,this generation fuckin blows,i actually wish i wasnt part of it because all the bullshit i get due to stereotypes,my gf's mom hasnt ever met me but hates me because she thinks im a punk

"weigh in on it" = give your opinion.

I have, we all have, seen the way you dress and "speak". Appearance and perception is key to impression. Your gf's mom hates you because, well, you're a punk.

Accept it knowing that you are it, or deny it, denying you are one.

I'm glad I'm not in that gap.

21. whewwww

And maybe its because I'm on the west coast in college, but I know like 1-2 people like you're describing, not 100's.

one year changes very little. The fact that you said "Yeah, that's the rest of you, I'm in college and far superior"...

.. Suggests what ?

huh?

Far, superior or more like very driven?

Edit: Instant satisfaction? I fall, or my friends, colleagues, fellow students fall into these categories? Maybe, there. I guess I surround myself with people that have goals, have ambitions, and work hard on making them selves better people.

Last edited:
just walk down the street in your town and you will see plenty of them. you dont have to know them, just know that they are everywhere.

This whole era right now is shitty.
We're on the brink of epic fail economically, socially, and global disaster.
FAIL.
Humans = fail

As we progress we regress.
Basically we integrate everything communication shortens our distance between eachother and society begins to decay. Then at a specific point the wealthy people begin to vie for power hiring mercenaries.... yatta yatta. =)

huh?

Far, superior or more like very driven?

Edit: Instant satisfaction? I fall, or my friends, colleagues, fellow students fall into these categories? Maybe, there. I guess I surround myself with people that have goals, have ambitions, and work hard on making them selves better people.

Etching my argument in stone, are we ?

Cel, I did not realize how accurate you were. You are completely correct about this. Everything. I'm not gonna lie okay.

I'm in this Gen-ME category. I tried not to admit it, but you have seriously helped me here. The thing with me is I had a shitty childhood, and I tend to let it limit me. Well, I'm working on it though. But still I'm not quite there yet.

When I say a shitty childhood I mean really traumatizing shit happened. I don't want to get into all that right now because I need to go to sleep. Got work in the morning.

I'm available in private, PM or IM or whatever too.

We broke it off again. This time, amicably. I didn't take advantage of her - But at the same time, she can't shake her ex quite like I could shake mine. I was able to walk away from Sue, well, not "Easily" but alittle easier than could be expected because of how I grew as a person. Because I didn't blame myself. And because I learned how to forgive myself.

She can't shake her ex, even though he hurt her badly. She still thinks it's her fault, or that she was a problem. She lives in a different world than I do. Were I in her shoes, I could easily see it happening.

Now, for those of you who are veterans in the Celerity School of Thought, you can see what ACTUALLY, more than likely, happened. I'm not an idiot.

But still, no hate. I know I'm a stronger and more put together person than she is. I'm 32, I had better be.

Cel, I did not realize how accurate you were. You are completely correct about this. Everything. I'm not gonna lie okay.

I'm in this Gen-ME category. I tried not to admit it, but you have seriously helped me here. The thing with me is I had a shitty childhood, and I tend to let it limit me. Well, I'm working on it though. But still I'm not quite there yet.

When I say a shitty childhood I mean really traumatizing shit happened. I don't want to get into all that right now because I need to go to sleep. Got work in the morning.
Everyone(or most everyone) had a shitty childhood, deal with it.

usually works for me when i want to fool around with an ex.

Back