Skylines for sale in the u.s.?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YouKnowWhoIBee

my avatar is better.
I was over my buddies house tonite and he is a gtr fanatic. And he like showed me this nissan website that was in japanese and he translated it into english with some program he had and we found something interesting. The skyline is coming to the u.s. they said. By 2007 and the design looks for the most part like a 2002 skyline GTR V Spec II. They dont know a price range yet but they do know they have to downgrade it for us standards. I will post pics when i go to his house again.

Originally posted by FearDaGreenCivic@Feb 11 2004, 09:32 PM
I was over my buddies house tonite and he is a gtr fanatic. And he like showed me this nissan website that was in japanese and he translated it into english with some program he had and we found something interesting. The skyline is coming to the u.s. they said. By 2007 and the design looks for the most part like a 2002 skyline GTR V Spec II. They dont know a price range yet but they do know they have to downgrade it for us standards. I will post pics when i go to his house again.

the 2002 GTR (R34) was discontinued in 2002, so I doubt if the skyline comes to the u.s. at all in 2007 it will look like a model released from 99 to 02. They already have an R35 concept car (bottom of the page):

Nissan Skyline R35 Concept Car

infinity g35 = skyline

the GTR even in japan is no longer being marketed.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 12 2004, 02:57 AM
the GTR even in japan is no longer being marketed.

Read the bottom of this article:

Ghosn also announced that Nissan will resume production of its Skyline GT-R performance car in 2007 and make it available in Canada. Skyline GT-R was previously available only in Japan.

Just because they use the GT-R monikor doesn't mean it is going to look or perform (on US shores) like a GT-R is supposed to.

:concur:

it will be a raped down version just like everything else we get here

Originally posted by complicity@Feb 12 2004, 02:27 PM
/offtopic

there's a maxima around here (s. jersey/philly) with an R34 swap.
crazy.

:blink:

they converted the maxima to RWD?? why not just buy a 350Z/G35 and turbo it? :unsure:

Originally posted by h22bubbleback@Feb 12 2004, 02:28 PM
the skyline concept car is fugly as hell...is it goig to be for space exploration?

hello and welcome to 99% of the cars comming out of Japan lately

they are all fuckin ugly

mazda = has a pretty good lineup (3 :thumbsup: 6 :thumbsup: rx8 :thumbsup: )
nissan = fuckin ugly (the sentra and 350Z arent toooo bad)
honda = fuckin ugly (the s2000 is pretty nice)
mitsubishi = fuckin ugly (the eclipse isnt bad... the evo is ugly as fuck)
subaru = they are comming around... the original WRX was ugly as fuck... they are making it look a little better now
toyota = fuckin ugly
scion = fuckin ugly (the new tC comming out looks nice though)

i hate hate hate hate the new eclipse. mistu had it right with the 2nd gen

scions are nasty, too

evos would be cool if they didnt weigh so damn much

i also heard that toyota is making a new supra, but it'll be a hybrid. it was in some magazine, i dont remember off-hand

i totally dissagre about the 350z, evo and wrx. they are all pretty hot cars

Back