SnowX in RI on Jan 30th...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the best part is that you do. the one you drive everyday.

the best part is that you do. the one you drive everyday.

Exactly. You know the car you DD better than anyone else. It's all the driver, not the car. Sure, a better, sharper, cleaner cutting knife will make it easier to cut better steaks, but the butcher who knows what he's doing with an old semi-dull knife will cut better steaks.

You don't need a purpose-built car to have fun. I used to piss the hell out of Miata drivers when I'd beat them on the autox course. Then they'd come to find out that it was my DD and completely stock aside from shocks, springs, wheels, tires, and brake pads -- good for a laugh. :D

I plan on autoxing my CR-Z with stock everything except tires when the season opens up if I've got time. Everyone should do a minimum of three autocrosses in their DD.

Doug you just explained the biggest contingent of drivers. Street prepared classes :) the weekend warrior racer who daily drives his car with no real change except a set of tires and a turn of the knob on the top of the shock.

I dont care what anyone says. SP is the most competitive series class SCCA has to offer. And sometimes the fastest of the day. Personally, it's my favorite.

I autocross too... I meant the snow part. No way would my car even move with my RT-615s on it currently.

Pick up a set of DS-3 Graspic or wintersport 3D, they both rock in the snow.

Back