So I'm being charged with assault

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

one thing no one brought up yet...

is this kid 21? if he's not, you're going to be in a lot more shit for serving alcohol to a minor

good point

Nah he could just say he gave it to someone older and they must have slipped it to him if he's underage :D.

In that case, just get your friends to vouch that you were asking for ID's if they looked younger.

i wouldn't worry about the contributing to a minor charge. if they were going to hit you with it, they would have already. plus, it's not your house, he could have brought his own booze, could have been drunk already, could have been high, blah blah blah.

like i said before. get the police report, it should be free because it is a subpoena'd court case. take it to court. obviously he was cited and arrested, should be an open and shut case for dismissal. unless there are some details missing. just make sure you get your butt in court on that day. wear a suit, shave, be clean. hell, if you have good grades, take your transcript. show the judge you aren't just another drunk dipshit at the party.

i wouldn't worry about the contributing to a minor charge. if they were going to hit you with it, they would have already. plus, it's not your house, he could have brought his own booze, could have been drunk already, could have been high, blah blah blah.

like i said before. get the police report, it should be free because it is a subpoena'd court case. take it to court. obviously he was cited and arrested, should be an open and shut case for dismissal. unless there are some details missing. just make sure you get your butt in court on that day. wear a suit, shave, be clean. hell, if you have good grades, take your transcript. show the judge you aren't just another drunk dipshit at the party.

Also, be sure to not provide the court with any details that are not listed in the police report.

You guys have never been through something like this, have you? :lmao:
not for assault, but plenty of other things including a gun charge, reckless driving, and other stuff.

where are we off on this? From the law classes I have taken and personal experiences, it should be similar. the law doesn't change.

No, but being in the court room changes considerably. :)

You guys are putting a platinum and diamond lining on this. I'll be surprised as hell if this goes as smoothly as you guys are thinking it will.

No shit.

It probably wouldnt hurt to rehearse the story in front of a few people just to make sure that you are clear on what to say. Yes you are telling the truth, but it would be dumb to just walk in with no idea of what you should/shouldnt say.

I'll be surprised as hell if this goes as smoothly as you guys are thinking it will.

i dunno, if it was going to go really bad our boy'd be picked up and biding time in jail or on bail waiting for his hearing. i'm with these guys on it.

No, but being in the court room changes considerably. :)
you are correct. but there are several courtroom procedures. the first is to see if there is enough evidence to hold a hearing and charges. if he provides evidence against the charges that have been brought forth, he will be fine. if they were going to arrest him, they would have already.

i agree that this isnt' an open/shut case. i'm saying that there are a lot of legal steps to go through. yes, he did over step the boundaries of self defense, but according to our laws, it is the systems job to prove guilt. at this point, he does not need a lawyer, unless it's free. yes, he could be in some shit. yes, he needs to get his story together WITH evidence.

Overestimate your opponent, never underestimate them. When you underestimate your opponent you open the door for complete failure to waltz through if it so chooses. You could get off free and clear or he could come in with a $5k attorney and wipe the court's collective ass with your face.

That's a very good thing to remember in ANY case of any sort of court OR competition of any kind.

And that's what I think of the court system here in the states. It's more about money than anything like when that stupid ass old bitch sued mcdonalds for millions when they gave her hot coffee and she spilled it.

But then again, around here me and some friends have been let off free and clear for some pretty serious shit.

Nah he could just say he gave it to someone older and they must have slipped it to him if he's underage :D.

In that case, just get your friends to vouch that you were asking for ID's if they looked younger.

If he wasn't, not only is he getting shit, but so will everyone else 21+ that was there.
And with that, sir, you get on my nerves. To your earlier comment about having a fucked up past? Most of the time, the people who have the fucked up pasts are the people who never speak of it. And most people don't brag about being so ill-tempered that they bash a kids face into the brick wall because he stole your PE clothes. I'd hate to see what fucked up shit might happen if someone took your parking spot.

Slushbox, in all honesty, I think that you should just get as much together as you can. Police reports, testimonies, witnesses, etc. I'm not saying that it will be short and sweet, but the more you have in your favor can only help, if even a little.

Really. Braggarts are some of the weakest-minded people.
Besides, about fucked up pasts. Who doesn't have one? I'm betting out of every single person on this site, there is at least ONE royally fucked up thing that happened to all of us.
Nobody has a perfect life.

Ill-tempered? I was stressed out but I got stress pills after that. I haven't been in a good fight for like 6 months now.

I promise you that you are the 0.000001% of people who bash other's heads into brick walls, and then brags about it, when their stressed.

Battle%20Ass.jpg

Back