sohc nitrous ????????????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok i have a 97 lx with d16y7 with wide open throttle body and no rear section. i 've been running a 50 shot for weeks now (3-4 bottles). and i tried switching to the 75 shot but the car sputters in like half second intervoles. like brrrr brrrr brrrrr brrrrrr brrrrr. i dont know why???? i'm using stock repalcment plugs (ngk v-grooves). i think it might be that, or that i have the 2 cats still on my car. one right after the exhaust manifold and one under the car. any thoughts will be appreciated please help i WANT THE 75 SHOT!!!!!!! I NEED MORE!!!!! LOL

p.s. i run 91 octane

what your timing like? are you running the proper jets? did you gap the plugs? No rear section? what n02 system are you using

had a civic that did the same thing 50 shot was perfect then went to a 75 and it ran like hell.....untill i retarded the timing, retard the timing about 6-10 deg. its sounds like alot of retard but thats where my car ran the best on a 75 shot ...

you're probably out of fuel and detonating.

well i'm using the nx main line kit (wet). i did not gap the plugs just what ever they came like. and i had a cam gear a skunk2 but when i put it on it ran like shit. then i found out that skunk2 makes the worst cam gaer on the planet for the sohc's. i will try to pick up a different cam gear and se if that helps.

dizzy is also a lil retarded ..i think it might just suck with the 75 becouse the shitty stock exhuast with two cats.. but b could also be right bout the fuel just not getting there .....

just some advise...make sure your engine is running perfect before you use nitrous... I had some smoke in my car before I ran the nitrous...never payed much attention to it.. it was a d16z6...hooked up the setup the day before the trackday with a 55 shot....test run once ran fine....so next day on the way up to the track although I was pushing the motor the nitrous was not on....the car started making ticking noises...then smoke everywhere. I guess the headgasket needed to be replaced but then the nitrous just melted it...made it half way home the engine ceased... when finally we yanked the motor out of the car...I found two holes in the block the size of a pea and my head gasket was melted onto the block... this isnt really much help to your questions but just some advise before you run nitrous and especially that shot in a single cam

Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy@Dec 8 2004, 09:11 PM
lol thats my brother... its running fine he just needed colder plugs he now has 3 step colders... its at a 75 shot right now and running great
[post=428673]Quoted post[/post]​

crazy......whats done to it? and what kinda kit if u dont mind me asking....im going nitrous again but this time on my my dohc vtec motor but not sure what kit yet but im looking for an all nitrous build so prob 85-90 shot

Back