Solid Mount Filling For Zc Crx!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lil_red_rex

i do body work!
ok i was wondering what are the pros and cons for filling my mounts on my crx.....i am dropping a jdm dohc zc motor in it in about 2 weeks and if it was a good idea....i would fill them now....sorta what clayton did on walters civic with that epoxy stuff.....sound good or no? help is appreciated;)

I got ES bushing inserts for like $19, and trimmed the front one. My dash shook alot but it also felt much more solid. I never got to launch that car though; it started leaking transmission fluid and I haven't ran it since.

Yeah, +1 for the energy suspension inserts. Those things are great.

Less wheel hop, better launch, firmer transition between gears, But you DO feel all kinds of engine vibration. Just something you have to learn to love. Its a good trade off as far as I'm concerned.

Always a good idea. More vibration, but more control- and less drivetrain damage when you're shifting like a madman.

yep, +1 for the ES inserts. I have them, they were like 20 bucks shipped. I might fill the side mounts though, because I don't think ES makes inserts for the sides, just the torque mounts.

I think the sides would be a waste. You only need the front/rear to get the functionality out of them, the sides would only transfer vibration.. I guess they might keep the engine from swaying slightly under hard cornering.. but that doesn't hurt anything anyway.

*edit*
Come to think of it, if you put them in the sides on old tired mounts, it will raise your motor back to factory height and that would help driveline geometry.. So I suppose they could serve a purpose.

phyregod said:
Come to think of it, if you put them in the sides on old tired mounts, it will raise your motor back to factory height and that would help driveline geometry.. So I suppose they could serve a purpose.

Exactly. I'd like to replace mine with some new poly bushings, like the ones from hasport, but I don't really want to pay for a new mount, which is what I would have to do, as I don't think anyone makes replacement bushings for the sides that I know of. Actually, never checked prothane, maybe they do.

Most places don't make poly inserts for the side mounts because they don't do much but just suspend the engine. The mounts that you want to stiffen up are the torque mounts that keep the engine from rotating front/rear, not the side mounts.

Back