some advice for my 91 accord : )

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yeah my lack of specific honda knowledge definitely shows. I was just listing things that generally work.

As for the AC compressor, i wasn't really expecting it to be great for weight reduction. it's just less drive on the belt pulley. The same effect could be gotten by just bypassing the compressor with a smaller belt. That way if you change your mind and decide you want ac again, you can go ahead and route a belt on it.

I guess on a different note i may have been more useful if i wasn't posting that at 3 in the morning :)

-note to self. use more than one type of smiley

Last edited:
believe it or not with that gen. of accord removing the A/c system can actually make a decent size dent in the power. Now, im not saying you are going to get " 5000 millionzzz HoRsEpOwErZzZz y0" but you'll get a mild 2-3ish and the weight reduction will also help with acceleration

kool, i will check that out removing the the a/c system ..... i m not sure how to do that tho, but im down to do it,,,

HELMS, haynes, or chilton manuals will help you i have two out of the three and as sson as i get the money i will have all three, you need to get it discharged at a shop before you even think about touching anything, that cap is dangerous and i don't think you want anything to happen to you or your car.

Yes +1. As i said before a professional needs to drain/discharge it. besides, i think it's illegal to release that stuff in the atmosphere or something. Either way, you get sprayed with it, it will be hell. One hell of a freezer burn at least.

Start with just bypassing it to see if that gives any noticable gains.

You only lose power with A/C when it's on or the bearing is fucked. Otherwise, when it's turned off, it's just acting like an idler pulley.

Yes +1. As i said before a professional needs to drain/discharge it. besides, i think it's illegal to release that stuff in the atmosphere or something. Either way, you get sprayed with it, it will be hell. One hell of a freezer burn at least.

Start with just bypassing it to see if that gives any noticable gains.

Very good advice. Living in Texas, I can tell you that anyone here would definitely want to keep the AC system.

You only lose power with A/C when it's on or the bearing is fucked. Otherwise, when it's turned off, it's just acting like an idler pulley.

:werd:

I couldn't imagine 110. But we've been up in the 90s. But it was once said, "If you don't like the weather in Ohio, wait an hour." We never know what to expect.

dude the sad thing is it's true. One 10 day period, I saw heavy rains with hail and a chance of a tornado, then snow and ice (4 inches) and then the weather went up to 50 degrees and sunny. Then if i remembor correctly it rained again.

dude the sad thing is it's true. One 10 day period, I saw heavy rains with hail and a chance of a tornado, then snow and ice (4 inches) and then the weather went up to 50 degrees and sunny. Then if i remembor correctly it rained again.

Heh. We can get that all in one day down here in Texas.

texas and alabama are the worst as far as here this past winter 74 out side one day and the very next snow on the ground

yeah thats definitely interesting. We've had that too. but not 74. We made it up to 60 then snow the next day. But that's insane.

On the plus side, alabama's beautiful. Went there 2 years ago back in november and was really impressed.

texas and alabama are the worst as far as here this past winter 74 out side one day and the very next snow on the ground

haha this last year, i think it happen there too, it was like 80 something outside in december and then not 6 hours later it was 29 and snowing... weird as hell

Back