someone stole my cc number

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cxjon

visa fraud department called me this morning and told me last night someone tried to buy timberline shoes with my credit card off there web site . 280.33 dollars worth good thing i only had 150 credit limit left.

i think it is someone from around my town.

That sucks, but thank god they caught it before actual stuff was bought.

do you have any idea how someone had gotten your cc number?

the online shoestore has the guy's address for shipping, you should be able to look it up since you are the rightful owner of the credit card.

bah, i buy 90% of my life's things online with a credit card.

just make sure you are on an https:// site (note the S) before you enter in the card number, and most of all know who you are shopping from. summit.com probably won't rip you off, but joesparts.com might.

yeah ive read into that kind of stuff its easy nowa days to get soemones cc number. hell believe it or not paying at a restaurant with a cc if you leave your receipt that the waitress brings back someone could get that and all the important info is ont that shit. so be careful not to forget that everyone who eats out alot. But yeah its a good thing they caught the idiot who tried to buy shoes with it.

Originally posted by civicgirlracer97@Jul 30 2003, 10:23 PM
Damn scumbags. I hope they can trace it and catch the bastards.

the acount was set up with my address as the shipping place.....

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Jul 31 2003, 09:29 AM
the acount was set up with my address as the shipping place.....

Don't they have to type that in? How would they know your address? They are probablly your neighbor. Wait for UPS to show and run across the street. Not that I've ever done that......

Damn. I paid $140.00 for my Doc Marten's and those are going to last me the rest of my life probably.

Thats one goofy ass mofo trying to buy $300.00 shoes online.

I acutally just lost my stupid ATM card yesterday, I have wells fargo and I was making a deposit in the ATM.
I totally forgot that after you get our deposit receipt you have to hit the "return card" or "another transaction" button.
So i left the card in the damn machine.

Didn't notice until later that night when I was buying some stuff and it was not in the slot in my wallet it should have been.
I called Wells Fargo and I guess no one used the card while it was in the machine because the deposit was the last transaction.
So all is well.

I just don't get it... for every 1000 REAL LIFE cases of CC fraud you might have 1 online case

then you have rape or kidnapping for every 1000 in real life maybe 1 happens online then again it could be 10K to 1

all I know is the 1 time it happens news channels LOVE to run with the storys same goes for talk shows.. don't get me started on Oprah

I've paid one bill my whole life using a check thru mail I've paid everysingle bill "6 or so credit cards" over the internet same goes for buying stuff just last night I bought from half.com using my creditcard

as he stated he things its someone from around town

Im just sick of hearing people at my work and other places bitch about how unsafe the internet is

then again they are right if you are dumb enough to enter your bank card and pin # into a paypal e-mail saying that its to make sure you are still a member... then well you should have your stuff taken from you then beat with the items that were just taken from you

all my passwords are so fucked up that i know most people cant get em. i never write checks ever and never had anything like this happen. i had a check book ripped off from me but i noticed

Back